Well it all starts next week!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well it all starts next week!!

Daylight savings time starts next week which means I have good daylight left when I get home from the office!! (wish they'd move it and leave it that way year round, but that's for another thread) Anyway, I have a list of "projects" I want to get done between now and the Fall when it's time to be in the woods again...
    I thought a thread talking about Spring/Summer projects would be fun. My big one is to get my new shop built... Lots of prep work before that happens though so I've begun that already... With the bit Snowmageddon a few weeks back, that shop project got a couple preparedness things added to it. Before next Winter gets here, I WILL have a wood burning stove somewhere inside my house and I WILL have some provision for a whole home generator. I've reached out to some local propane suppliers to begin the process of tying down a dependable and sufficient fuel supply. I've researched the stoves and think I have settled on a Jotul. Just not sure yet where I can put it in the house. I have begun the process of setting up a wood storage area in my barn. That will be a small project within itself as my barn is not totally enclosed... yet! Will build wood ricks sufficient to store 3 cords of wood up off the floor/ground and enclosed indoors. Anyway, back to the shop... I'm tentatively looking at a 30 foot by 40 foot with 12 foot ridge that will match the current roof line of my house. Still debating with myself as to whether I want it actually attached to my house or a stand-alone detached building with a walkway. It will have a 16-18 foot lean to on one side that will run end to end and be extended back along the rear of the house and will be the location of my future outdoor kitchen... The outdoor kitchen will be a future project, but I'm going to build now to incorporate the utilities and such for it.

So that's my plan for this Spring/Summer. What all do you guys/gals have planned?

Fly fishing every night when i get home from work , living on the medina river is great when i actually have daylight to fish after work .

Comment

Fish

Comment

Freaking garage clean up and out.
        Organize all the kids FFA stuff
        Build a new Rabbit Hutch
        Re-deck the platform for the outside AC unit
        Re-build the balcony railing around the porch
        Remove the paneling, insulate and sheetrock the inside

Comment

Originally posted by JONES45LC View Post
          Fly fishing every night when i get home from work , living on the medina river is great when i actually have daylight to fish after work .
          Heck yeah! What fish do you primarily target and what's your setup?

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            Daylight savings time starts next week which means I have good daylight left when I get home from the office!! (wish they'd move it and leave it that way year round, but that's for another thread) Anyway, I have a list of "projects" I want to get done between now and the Fall when it's time to be in the woods again...
            I thought a thread talking about Spring/Summer projects would be fun. My big one is to get my new shop built... Lots of prep work before that happens though so I've begun that already... With the bit Snowmageddon a few weeks back, that shop project got a couple preparedness things added to it. Before next Winter gets here, I WILL have a wood burning stove somewhere inside my house and I WILL have some provision for a whole home generator. I've reached out to some local propane suppliers to begin the process of tying down a dependable and sufficient fuel supply. I've researched the stoves and think I have settled on a Jotul. Just not sure yet where I can put it in the house. I have begun the process of setting up a wood storage area in my barn. That will be a small project within itself as my barn is not totally enclosed... yet! Will build wood ricks sufficient to store 3 cords of wood up off the floor/ground and enclosed indoors. Anyway, back to the shop... I'm tentatively looking at a 30 foot by 40 foot with 12 foot ridge that will match the current roof line of my house. Still debating with myself as to whether I want it actually attached to my house or a stand-alone detached building with a walkway. It will have a 16-18 foot lean to on one side that will run end to end and be extended back along the rear of the house and will be the location of my future outdoor kitchen... The outdoor kitchen will be a future project, but I'm going to build now to incorporate the utilities and such for it.

So that's my plan for this Spring/Summer. What all do you guys/gals have planned?
            Look forward to following along!

We had an older Jotul in the first house we owned. The house was about 2700 sf with bedrooms on the ends and a large wide open kitchen and living room in the middle with high vaulted ceilings. The stove was in the living room and we never ran the heater in the 5 years we lived there. Open all the bedroom doors and put the ceiling fans in reverse on low and you never got cold. Fireplaces are nice but like having no heat compared to that stove. I'll have another one day, preferably in Wyoming or Idaho
            Last edited by rvd; 03-12-2021, 09:54 AM.

Comment

I always start looking for my next project when I'm about half way done with the other one. That, along with my normal honey-do list means I have now shortage of things that I just need finishing up.

Comment

Don’t forget to adjust your feeder timers....[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I was going to spend the next two weeks reading threads about how everybody who keeps their feeder clocks and times the same all year around are "smarter" than everybody else..

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                    Fish

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rvd View Post
                      Heck yeah! What fish do you primarily target and what's your setup?

Mostly Guadalupe bass ,large mouth , panfish and carp
                      I use all TFO rods
                      4,5,6 weight rods
                      8 if I’m going after carp
                      Lamson reels

Comment

Plan on restoring our East Texas camp. It’s in decent shape, but needs a good cleaning out.

Adding some water stations out west, as well as a possible hay feeder. Trying to accomplish as much as I can early as I can before it gets 100+

Comment

Back to mandatory 4 days of fishing per week for me and the kiddo. Been that way for 6 years now during daylight savings time.

Comment

Raising rabbits, selling rabbits, butchering rabbits.

Getting generator transfer switch for my well house and cabins in Centerville.

Counting down the days until retirement (690).

Designing retirement home for centerville. Looking like it will resemble this:

Learn how to weld.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
                              Raising rabbits, selling rabbits, butchering rabbits.
                              You need to add “frying rabbits” and give me a holler.[emoji106]

Comment

Working...
                              X