No announcement yet.

cost of roping horse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That old saying comes to mind for this thread.

Good roping horses are not cheap and cheap roping horses are not good.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 2B4Him View Post
      You might want to 'shop' outside of Parker County. Folks there get pretty goofy about horses and prices.
      Get out of Oklahoma and Texas. Look into Kansas and Nebraska. Some bad *** horses at a fraction of the cost

Comment

There are some good ranch horse sales in Montana and WY. But your still looking 10K plus.

Comment

I know very little about roping horses, except that the price range goes from:

$1,000 ———-> “we can’t discuss how much this fn horse was...”

This comes from a guy whose wife is a team roper.

Comment

#1 Find someone that has experience. There are many factors involved in this. You can buy a$40,000 dollar horse and if you don’t know what you are doing it will be a reck.

Comment

My son ropes everything from the ground, the truck, and atv. He has never done it from a horse. I think he wants to team rope but may calf rope because he wrestles them now.

Comment

We have been looking around for a new one recently for my son and I haven’t been able to find anything that interests me yet. A lot of not so good horses out on market right now. We are not in a hurry right now because my son has a horse that he roped off of. Good luck in your search but get ready to spend some money for a good one

Has he ever been on a horse? If not I would take him for some lessons before you sink good money on a quality horse

Comment

I know nothing about horses or roping but I would suggest buying him a bass boat it will be cheaper in the long run.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

25yrs ago it seems the going average was $4500-5000

No telling what you have to shell out now for average

Comment

Working...
                    X