No announcement yet.

Going rate for Dozer work ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The cost per hour is important, the quality of the person on the Dozer may be more important. A good operator can do more and cleaner than a not so good operator.

Comment

Where are you at? I have a couple family friends that have dozer services. I may be able to help you out.

Comment

Sounds a little high to me.

Comment

Ask for an all in price on what you want done. You may beat him up on the hourly rate, then he will just take longer. He knows how long it will take and what he wants to make.

Comment

Rates mentioned above are bargains. My guy charges $350 to show up and $100/ hour thereafter.

Comment

I paid $85 an hour in South Texas.

Comment

We have an ongoing relationship with the guy, though. He's been doing work for us for several years.

Comment

Guy coming to bid it today.
                  Will use dozer and skid steer with mulcher at same time. $180 hr total and believes he can do it in a day. We'll see.

I like the idea of not having big piles of dirt n brush to burn.

Thanks for all the info.

D.

Comment

I agree with the get what you paid for Moto. The advantage you have is you get to see what type of work he does next door and it doesn’t cost a thing.

Comment

That is not a bad price. My father in law has been running the family business for 30+ years doing dirt work. His business will not stop for that small of a job anymore unless he was next to you such as this guy is. If the guy is good at what he does he should be able to finish the job quite quickly. That hour rate will include his fuel etc so not a bad deal really. About $15/hr more than my father in law would charge on that size of dozer but then again he does not take on a job that small unless it is right next to a job he is presently working on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Look at his progress on the neighbors. A good operator will make that a fair rate.

Comment

Paid $125/hour is Wisconsin. I agree with what the others are saying, if he is already doing a good job for the neighbor I would have him do it.

Side note, I paid a friend what ended up being about $60 per hour + fuel ($40 for the dozer, $20 for him) to do some work on the same property. He was using a smaller machine and does not do it for a living. If I had to do it all over again I would have paid the $125. Not that my buddy did a bad job, the other guy just did a way better job and a lot faster. Also when my friend was doing it I wasn't there to tell him what I wanted, so he was sort of winging it. I think he probably would have done more if I was there to tell him what I wanted.
                          Last edited by Kdog; 04-04-2018, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleGG View Post
                            I agree with the get what you paid for Moto. The advantage you have is you get to see what type of work he does next door and it doesn’t cost a thing.
                            This is invaluable in my opinion. Kinda like getting a preview.

Comment

I have a D6 coming to clear fence row, dig couple ponds, tear down 2 barns 125/hr

Comment

took 8 days for the neighbors 1.5 acre pond. Had d6, big excavator, and earth mover. $175 hr, ea. Cost a fortune......

Comment

Working...
                                X