Broadhead poi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broadhead poi

I know you said it’s a hybrid cam but at the end of the day, without getting a baseline setting you can find yourself chasing circles.

1) is the bow in spec?

2) are the cams synced? I’ve found that most hybrids prefer the top cam touching 1/16th before the bottom cam.

3) are you running any sort of pdp inserts or brass to make you underspined (Charts are just an educated guess but according to the goldtip chart you should be fine)

4) is the rest at center shot? (I normally do a rough center shot guess by nocking an arrow at looking at it from the top of the limb bolts)

5) I usually go into a paper tune from there. Get it close on paper then go to bare shaft tuning. Bare shafts will get it close with Broadheads.

6) some Broadheads may need additional tweaking and that’s when I’ll touch the arrow rest.

This was our standard MO when I was the shop manager for Gateway Archery in Fort Worth. If you’re anywhere near the metroplex, stop in and ask for Jim Faver. They’re the only shop I’ve been to that will have YOU the customer paper tune it. And if they’re not super busy, Jim will even take you on the range and help you bareshaft it if your form is consistent.

At the very least, I think you’ll need a press. Cam lean is not a bad thing. Most bows need at least some lean to tune but you can make string stops miss and over rotate the cams on those bears if you get too aggressive with it.

Some Broadheads just require more fletching than others to be accurate, and unfortunately I’ve had a lot of issues with Muzzys not spinning straight since they sold to Feradyne. Generally speaking though, things like increasing foc, etc will help more than elaborate fletching.

At the end of the day, I would say look at the bow first. I have been in your shoes and chased myself in circles spending money on all sorts of dumb stuff when the bow just wasn’t flat out tuned. If you’re not in ft worth, maybe some others can mention a good shop. At the minimum you’d need a press and to be able to paper tune I’d say.
    Last edited by Kirby86; 07-28-2021, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
    X