Reloading 300 BLK

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading 300 BLK

Anybody ever used these in their 300 BLK? Found these boxes while going thru the reloading cabinet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those 220gr Noslers should work well.

Comment

I Use the 160 gr FTX for 30-30. Usually use 125 SST’s for the 300 Blackout, haven’t used either you show for 300 blackout.

Comment

Originally posted by Hotrodd View Post
        I Use the 160 gr FTX for 30-30. Usually use 125 SST’s for the 300 Blackout, haven’t used either you show for 300 blackout.

I think that’s why I bought the FTX but since have sold the 30/30 rifle. I am thinking of loading up several different rounds to see what shoots well and slam some pigs in the upcoming months.

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
          I think that’s why I bought the FTX but since have sold the 30/30 rifle. I am thinking of loading up several different rounds to see what shoots well and slam some pigs in the upcoming months.

That sounds like a GREAT plan!

Comment

The partitions won’t expand at subsonic velocity. You’d be better served by selling or trading them for some Makers Rex or SubX if you are wanting hunting bullets. That’s a waste of a good bullet to plink with.

Comment

The 220 partitions won’t really expand like Bearintex mentioned. Might as well be shooting a FMJ. You would be MUCH better served selling them, as partitions are hard to come by right now and someone will want them. The cost of those 50 partitions will more than pay for a box of Hornady 190sub-x which will do much better at subsonic velocities.

The 160ftx is usually used for a 30-30. You could for sure load them, but you probably won’t find published data, so use your best judgement as you work that load up. My main concern would be feeding issues with the more rounded bullet profile.

I load 125gr Sierra tipped gamekings and the 190sub-x.

Comment

I know absolutely nothing about 300bk but 220gr anything sounds heavy for that chambering. What would be the mv? 900

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post
                  I know absolutely nothing about 300bk but 220gr anything sounds heavy for that chambering. What would be the mv? 900
                  It would be subsonic

Comment

I used 125 gr. Hornady in the BO for supers. I used 200 gr. cast for subs. A good 200 plus gr. cast flat point hits hard and does a lot of damage subsonic. Still not my choice, but it does work.

Comment

Originally posted by Walker View Post

You can actually push a 220 to about 1250 fps if you wanted but the main goal would be subsonic for heavies.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                      X