Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official 2019 TBH APR Special Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TXHunter12 View Post
    On the 20ā€ barrels what other choices are good that maintain velocity like the 7mm-08?

I like the 7mm-08. So if needing a 5th person Iā€™d be in.

I want to go suppressed also. So the 20 inch sounds good.

Where go you look to see what calibers are available in 20 inch?
    I would think most calibers that are based off a 308 case would work fine in like .243, 260, 7mm-08, .308. Also the 6.5 creedmoor, .223. I would guess anything that uses a case that holds 50 grains of powder or less would probably be OK.

Comment

I ordered a 24" Proof, .22 Creedmoor. I guess I'll be the TBH guinea pig on this one....

I will be shooting it suppressed, "can" is still in Government jail, should be here about the time my rifle is ready.

Scope and rings ordered yesterday , in transit,

Have brass and custom Redding Dies here, 1000 Federal 205 Match

Now just try and forget about it

Comment

Originally posted by Buzzsaw View Post
        I ordered a 24" Proof, .22 Creedmoor. I guess I'll be the TBH guinea pig on this one....

I will be shooting it suppressed, "can" is still in Government jail, should be here about the time my rifle is ready.

Who did you get the dies from?

Comment

Also which can are you going to run? (Is there a .22 can rated for 22CM? I know mine aren't )

Comment

SilencerCo Omega 300 Titanium, .30 cal

Comment

Dies were from Accurate Arms.com, they have Redding make them in .22 creed. I found Alpha brass at Alphamunitions, had to go small rifle primer but no biggie. I have some Hornady brass on back order at Midway

besides being a really neat cartridge, I think this year we will see allot more people jumping on the bandwagon, just like the other Creedmoor cartridges, everyone waits to see if it as bad *** as everyone says, then , you cant get any components.

We'll see, I could have done a .22-.250 A.I. but I'm a Creedmoor junkie. get a LONG 90gr bullet haulin ***, should be great for P.dogs to Whitetail

REALLY great bullets coming out now, my first test will be with 80.5 gr Bergers, 80 matchkings and the brand new Hammer 84gr missile

Comment

No guinea pig at all. There's another TBH'r that has one and that's a more than proven cartridge design. Like I said earlier, it's so close to the 22-250AI it's scary and no fire forming required. I built mine for I had heard of a 22-Creed or it would have been on my list as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Balcones_Walker View Post
                  Also which can are you going to run? (Is there a .22 can rated for 22CM? I know mine aren't )
                  You may want to double check your suppressor. Mine is a Phantom QD .30 cal that is rated for any jacketed round .30 cal or under. The issue with mine and .22 bullets is not the diameter, but that a common .22 (.22lr) is not jacketed and the suppressor could get fouled with lead. Maybe yours is the same. If so, you could shoot jacketed 22s. Just a thought.

I just realized you may be referring to a can designed to shoot rimfire and its inability to handle centerfire 22s.

Comment

Originally posted by Slick8 View Post
                    No guinea pig at all. There's another TBH'r that has one and that's a more than proven cartridge design. Like I said earlier, it's so close to the 22-250AI it's scary and no fire forming required. I built mine for I had heard of a 22-Creed or it would have been on my list as well.
                    I had APR build me a .22 Creedmoor last year just don't have dies for it yet. Custom Reloads of Dallas has kept me in ammo.

Comment

i know Chad well. Copper Creek stocks ammo but very expensive

Comment

Originally posted by Txhuntr2 View Post
                        I just realized you may be referring to a can designed to shoot rimfire and its inability to handle centerfire 22s.
                        Yep. I use a .30 can on a .223 - just hadn't seen a centerfire-dedicated .22 specific can.

Comment

Dies were from Accurate Arms.com, they have Redding make them in .22 creed. I found Alpha brass at Alphamunitions, had to go small rifle primer but no biggie. I have some Hornady brass on back order at Midway

besides being a really neat cartridge, I think this year we will see allot more people jumping on the bandwagon, just like the other Creedmoor cartridges, everyone waits to see if it as bad *** as everyone says, then , you cant get any components.

We'll see, I could have done a .22-.250 A.I. but I'm a Creedmoor junkie. get a LONG 90gr bullet haulin ***, should be great for P.dogs to Whitetail

REALLY great bullets coming out now, my first test will be with 80.5 gr Bergers, 80 matchkings and the brand new Hammer 84gr missile
                          Thanks Buzz!! (I'm snake oil on THF)

Comment

Did anyone that went with the 6.5 PRC go with anything shorter than a 24” barrel?

Comment

Originally posted by OKFF610 View Post
                              Did anyone that went with the 6.5 PRC go with anything shorter than a 24ā€ barrel?
                              I'm going 24" when I order next week.

Comment

Nope. 24" steel with 6.5 prc

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X