Bipod Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bipod Question

I've been watching videos on proper bench shooting technique and for the first time understood the idea of allowing free recoil straight back. After the video, I saw another video about shooting off a bipod and realized that a rigid bipod would not allow proper free recoil. This would likely explain my lackluster shooting off a bench with my cheap rigid bipod. They recommended an Atlas Bipod but wow, they are pricey. Are there alternatives that are less expensive that allow free recoil and aren't too expensive?

Thanks

Theres quite a few good ones out but none are cheap. If your trying to save some money you can go with the old Harris bipod. They are still one of the best and priced alot better. Couple upgrades I would do to the Harris right away. #1 being the pod lock

Comment

I had an old Harris bipod that I sold but it was solid. The Atlas bipods are not rigid and allow the rifle to recoil straight back. I was looking for something like that. IT seems the best accuracy is had when the rifle recoils straight back.

Comment

They’re expensive but dang nice to have. My Atlas has the QD pic rail so I just have rails on all of my guns and switch it over to each one when I shoot. Only takes a couple seconds to take off one rifle and on another.

Comment

I personally use atlas bipods and have a few of them. I shoot with lots of PRS guys that use weaver bipods. Kind of silly to have a custom rifle sitting on a cheap bipod.

Comment

I run atlas and modular evolution. Both are great. I don’t like harris for anything other than a cheap ranch gun. They just don’t adjust near as much as I’d like. And by the time you upgrade one you can buy an atlas

Comment

Ckye Pod. Oh wait, you wanted cheaper...

Comment

Working...
              X