Anyone eating wild pigs ........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    Hmmmmmm.......that looks great.....how long do you keep it in oil....until it floats like I do when crying a turkey?

We basically use turkey times and also just eyeball it. If we think it’s ready, and cut in it and it’s still a little too pink, we’ll throw it back in for a few more minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Love me some wild pork BS

Comment

In certain area's, the pigs feast on Summer crops. Why wouldn't you eat a Summer pig?

Carnitas and Modelos are good year round!

Comment

Every chance I get.

Comment

I’ll eat anything I kill in warmer months. I just make sure the meat cooling down takes priority over all else. Hogs, exotics, you name it. I can only think of a few larger pigs I’ve killed that I didn’t take the entire animal and just took the straps and loins.

Comment

Backstraps are easy to get to and plenty of pigs out there. Easy to get cooled down and don't have to get hands too dirty. They are good 365 days a year

Comment

Better than deer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Comment

All year long!

Comment

yep-- year round

Comment

Every day of the year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Firecuss View Post
                        They make great sausage at the right processer.
                        Ya.....your own kitchen with a sharp knife, cutting board, a good grinder and some seasoning. Nothing to it.

Comment

Originally posted by MagicBlade View Post
                          Killed a few this summer but haven't eaten any yet. I usually wait for a cold front before butchering any to eat. I have cut out some back straps and put them in the freezer. What about you?
                          Yes. I eat wild hogs this time of year and any other time of year.

Comment

Pulled pork!.. Get a quarter and just smoke it for pulled pork.

Comment

We make pan sausage out of the sows.. Legg # 10 seasoning and a few hours in the kitchen..

Comment

I have several in the freezer. Took a few to the processor and had them ground and mixed with beef fat. Tastes real similar to ground beef and makes great tacos!

Comment

Working...
                                X