URGENT - Honest and Reliable Auto Bryan/College Station

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

URGENT - Honest and Reliable Auto Bryan/College Station

Daughter's car broke down on the Hwy 6 feeder road up in B/CS and I am going to have her car towed to a repair shop. Looking for a reliable and honest auto repair shop in that area. Daughter is safe and waiting on a tow truck, just need to know where to take it. Thanks!

Andy's Auto Repair....Corner of Houston St. & Texas Ave in Bryan.

Comment

See if there's a Christian Brothers Auto Repair nearby... They're the best in the business. They saved my butt like that in New Braunfels... Even sent the tow truck to get me and I was towing a 20 foot trailer...

Comment

I used the Christian Brothers on Booneville.

I am here is Collge Station if she needs help.

Comment

Old friend in Bryan referred me to Olympic Auto in Bryan for my son's car. She taught the boys in elementary school and said the family is great. She was correct! They did great and very fair priced work on his car!!

Comment

B&B automotive in Bryan. Ask for Clay or Matt.

Comment

Kubin Aouto on Collige Ave next to Farm Patch across from Chicken Oil ask for Kent

Comment

I don’t recommend Christian Brothers off of 6. They broke my wife’s door a few years back during an oil change and tried to charge her for it.

Comment

Update - Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will definitely hang onto them for future repairs, as my daughter will be in BCS for 3 more years. Police showed up to help right after I posted, and he called a wrecker. Had to make a split second decision so we chose the Christian Brothers off Boonville Rd. I always prefer to use a local trustworthy shop that is recommended, but in this case I didn’t have a choice. Thanks again for everyone!s input as it is much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                    Update - Thanks for the suggestions guys, I will definitely hang onto them for future repairs, as my daughter will be in BCS for 3 more years. Police showed up to help right after I posted, and he called a wrecker. Had to make a split second decision so we chose the Christian Brothers off Boonville Rd. I always prefer to use a local trustworthy shop that is recommended, but in this case I didn’t have a choice. Thanks again for everyone!s input as it is much appreciated.
                    Be careful with christian brothers, they overchrge and try to do thinks that dont need to be done..

I popped a code for an o2 sensor and christian brothers tryed to tell me the only way to fix it was to replace the catalytic converter and that it would cost me 3800 dollars..... i had my other CC done a couple months earlier (in cypress) and it cost me 950.. so i told them thanks but no thanks and took it to B and B auto in bryan from a suggestion of a guy i worked with, they looked at it and changed the o2 sensor for 200 bucks.. i told them about my experience with christian brothers and they said they have heard that kinda stuff for a while. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
                      Be careful with christian brothers, they overchrge and try to do thinks that dont need to be done..

I popped a code for an o2 sensor and christian brothers tryed to tell me the only way to fix it was to replace the catalytic converter and that it would cost me 3800 dollars..... i had my other CC done a couple months earlier (in cypress) and it cost me 950.. so i told them thanks but no thanks and took it to B and B auto in bryan from a suggestion of a guy i worked with, they looked at it and changed the o2 sensor for 200 bucks.. i told them about my experience with christian brothers and they said they have heard that kinda stuff for a while. Best of luck!

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                      Yup. They’re worse than a dealership. Several years ago my son went there for some repairs so he could get his truck inspected. (Needed headlight replaced, we had headlight, and a coupe 02 sensors replaced) $1800 later still couldn’t pass inspection, they wanted another $1300. He left wrote a terrible review, within minutes they were calling him offering to cut an $1800 check to take the review down. He did right after he picked up the check. $400 my mechanic had him fixed and through inspection.

Comment

Not a fan of Christian bros either. Similar stuff and a couple things I payed for that had to be redone. Not hard fixes either.

Comment

Pilger’s auto is a long time local auto repair shop on university. Great family and really honest shop.

Comment

You guys have got me spooked, I knew CB was going to be a little higher, but expected them to be trustworthy. Looks like I am going to have her car towed to one of the shops you guys recommended. She has a 13 year old Lexus, so I am going to call the recommended shops to determine if they will or will not work on a Lexus. Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfootwolff View Post
                              You guys have got me spooked, I knew CB was going to be a little higher, but expected them to be trustworthy. Looks like I am going to have her car towed to one of the shops you guys recommended. She has a 13 year old Lexus, so I am going to call the recommended shops to determine if they will or will not work on a Lexus. Thanks again!
                              Make them give a firm quote before any work is done. You may have to pay a "check out fee" but you don't have to get screwed.

Comment

Working...
                              X