Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best of luck to you. Definitely not an easy decision

Comment

After one month and 15 days in this new field, I must say I AM LOVING Life. There really is a Real WORK/LIFE Balance. The company has been amazing. With the loss of my daughter they were not expecting me back at work for a while. They were shocked when all I took off was a week and a half. I need normalcy back in my life (whatever that is..)..
      I spent the first week feeling like I was drinking from a fire hose, but things are now making sense and I am finding my groove. Not as big of a change as I thought it would be. Widgets are Widgets.
      Manage the people that know their job, allow them to do their job, be understanding and work with them; explain expectations and hold them accountable. All of the things I have done in every role I have had.
      I think I may have found where I will retire from...

Comment

Good for you. Hope everything works out.

Comment

Good luck, 54 is still young. I am 68 and have no plans of retirement...why quit doing something that you love. Hope you love your new job!!!
          Adios,
          Gary

Comment

I'm only 43 but considering the same thing and doing a career change BUT I'd have no where where to start or look to still be able to make around what I am now.

I've been in law enforcement for the last 19 1/2 years and it has changed so much I wanna get out. I worked in the IT field before and some while I've been in law enforcement but my skill set has dimenished.

Just just a hard decision knowing my family would take a hit finacially

Comment

Originally posted by Bowanta View Post
              After one month and 15 days in this new field, I must say I AM LOVING Life. There really is a Real WORK/LIFE Balance. The company has been amazing. With the loss of my daughter they were not expecting me back at work for a while. They were shocked when all I took off was a week and a half. I need normalcy back in my life (whatever that is..)..
              I spent the first week feeling like I was drinking from a fire hose, but things are now making sense and I am finding my groove. Not as big of a change as I thought it would be. Widgets are Widgets.
              Manage the people that know their job, allow them to do their job, be understanding and work with them; explain expectations and hold them accountable. All of the things I have done in every role I have had.
              I think I may have found where I will retire from...
              Awesome news! Keep at it and things gonna lay out just fine.

God Bless

Comment

Prayers for Guidance.

Comment

Career change

Good luck

Comment

Good luck, enjoy the change and new challenges ahead!

Comment

At 50 I got laid off after a total of 23 years with a company. Eight months later I got laid off at the new job. These were nice 6 figure desk jobs and I could have went and found another one. Instead, I went and got my CDL and started driving a truck, flatbed at that. I haven’t been this happy in a long, long time!

Congratulations on the new gig!

Comment

Working...
                      X