Need a mechanic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need a mechanic

Any mechanics in the Arlington area? I’m having issues changing the front 2 body bushings on my 2011 F250, got all the other 6 off and changed out little to no problems. I can’t get the 2 front ones off to save my life, nut shin is spinning, anyone help me out? I can bring it in or whatever, just the front 2. I got the bushings just need the 2 front screws removed basically

Can you cut them off and get new nuts and bolts or clap the bushing to stop the spinning.

Comment

Originally posted by Brotherbill View Post
      Can you cut them off and get new nuts and bolts or clap the bushing to stop the spinning.
      I’ve clamped and put a socket on top to hold the nut from spinning...they are bolted in with a ton of pressure, it’s crazy! I could cut them but getting them out from the top would be near impossible because the space up top is so minute I can barely get my hand in it. I don’t have the tools or time to go further into it

Comment

I usually take the headlight out and tac weld the top cage.

Comment

If you have a heat gun warm that sucker up. They were installed with a loctite type of product. Heat will set it free.
          That was how we did it where I used to work.

Comment

Originally posted by cm12setx View Post
            If you have a heat gun warm that sucker up. They were installed with a loctite type of product. Heat will set it free.
            That was how we did it where I used to work.
            Did that too...I’m telling y’all it’s not gonna come out easy unless you got time and tools to do something like take the bumper off or know a way that I don’t. I’ve heated it up, sprayed wd40, attacked it from the top, just can’t make it happen

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post

If you go this route, be sure to disconnect your battery first.

Comment

Originally posted by 6.5 shooter View Post
                Not a bad idea

Comment

Are you sure, they are not left handed threads... ??????

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
                    Are you sure, they are not left handed threads... ??????
                    Yes! Lol I did think that but I’ve backed them out a little bit before all the trouble

Comment

I'm of no help but wd40 ain't the ticket. Need something like PB blaster to help loosen.

Comment

This guy's a mobile mechanic and cheap(probable help you for free or gas money)

Jesse 682-438-3240

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
                          This guy's a mobile mechanic and cheap(probable help you for free or gas money)

Jesse 682-438-3240
                          Awesome, thank you!

Comment

I had the same problem on my 2009, I ended up cutting a wrench and fitting it in the tubing where the nut is to get it on the nut. I think I read on forum that guys were bending wrenchs to reach the nut too.

Comment

Not sure on year, but I bet both of those two have captured. bolts. Here is an old video that may explain your issue.

Comment

Working...
                              X