Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solar Power Grid

For you solar power experts...

I am wanting to run a small septic pump to aerate my pond. Here are the specs for the pump...

4.5 cfm Max Air Flow - 100 Liters of Air Per Minute
    4.3 psi Max Continuous Operating Pressure
    120VAC, 60 Hz, 1.4 A, 75 Watts

Will one 12v battery and a 100 watt solar panel and a dc to ac power inverter run in continuously?

24/7/365?

I bought a polar pump for a tbh member
    I bought 3 large panels to run the well during the day time
    Probbalu one of those panels would work for you and just arrested it during the day time

Comment

Something seems off on the pump specs.... 120 volts at 1.4 amps would equal 168 watts ... you will need accurate specs to figure/calculate the size battery and solar panel necessary

Comment

I work for a solar company in Tomball (AMERESCO SOLAR). Call Travis at 281 378 2304. We specialize in small off grid systems. He can size up a system for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
          Something seems off on the pump specs.... 120 volts at 1.4 amps would equal 168 watts ... you will need accurate specs to figure/calculate the size battery and solar panel necessary
          Those specs came off the amazon description.

other description shows 115V, 75w, 1A capacity.

Is that better?

Comment

Would really need to know how many hours per day you will have this running. Based on 75 watts if it runs 24/7 you will need 1800 watts per day. Assuming you are using a 12 volt solar system and wanting to use 100 watt solar panels, and 200AH 12 volt batteries you will need 4 solar panels, and 3 Batteries.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
              Would really need to know how many hours per day you will have this running. Based on 75 watts if it runs 24/7 you will need 1800 watts per day. Assuming you are using a 12 volt solar system and wanting to use 100 watt solar panels, and 200AH 12 volt batteries you will need 4 solar panels, and 3 Batteries.

This is fairly accurate. I’d probably size up the solar to 600 PV Watts and size down the battery bank to a total of 200Ah. A 600Ah battery bank for your draw size would be able to run without sun for a loooong time. I’d also recommend a solar charge controller between your array and batteries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HuntForHorns View Post
                Those specs came off the amazon description.

other description shows 115V, 75w, 1A capacity.

Is that better?
                My opologies I didn't mean to imply you were wrong it's just the numbers didn't calculate out( watts=voltage X amps). The 1.4 amp number is probably the current at start up. As mentioned above, 75 watts running 24 hours equates to 1800 watts per day.

i could put pen to paper and calculate it out but I don't have all of the efficiency numbers of the required components to give you expert type advice. Seems like a couple members on here can give you more accurate info.

Comment

Great info. Thanks guys!

Comment

Working...
                  X