No announcement yet.

Who all has a new bow coming

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very nice looking bow Bisch! Randy does beautiful work! Do those limbs make for a much shorter bow than your 64" longbow limbs?

Comment

Originally posted by Horsehide View Post
      Very nice looking bow Bisch! Randy does beautiful work! Do those limbs make for a much shorter bow than your 64" longbow limbs?

The recurve setup is 62”.

You can’t see it in the strung pic, but these limbs have a very aggressive hook.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Mine are as well.
        My problem is my DL is so short I'm not sure I get to use much of the hook!

Gary

Comment

Is the cast markedly different between Randy’s LB and recurve limbs? Thx.

Comment

Originally posted by helical View Post
            Is the cast markedly different between Randy’s LB and recurve limbs? Thx.

I have no scientific proof, but, the recurve limbs seem faster to me.

Bisch

Comment

The recurve is definitely faster!
              I couldn’t find my data chart so for reference i shot Drts 60” recurve through the chrono before sending it to him. Shooting a 549 grain arrow at 55# draw at 28” with finger release it shot 186-187 FPS , I didn’t chrono Bish’s 62” but should be mid 180’s
              The longbow is 176-178 ish at 10 gpp with finger release.
              I need to shoot 9 gpp but never take the time to make up any arrows for testing. To busy building bows. Lol

Comment

And the dang thing is the quietest recurve bow I have ever shot!!!!!!! Like maybe even more quiet than the longbow limbs!!!!!!

Bisch

Comment

I'm thoroughly impressed with mine. I haven't shot it since Cowtown TBoT as I messed my shoulder up right after that but I strung her up last night because today is the day. I may only take two or three shot as I'm still healing but I'm excited.
                  I will say my two piece LB is not the same cast even though it's the same draw weight. I went with a heavier arrow and it's still slinging them flatter. The longbow is two inches shorter so maybe that is some of it. I've only been doing this a few years now and my experience in number of bows owned/shot is pretty limited compared to lot of archers.

Regardless I know Randy's bows are the kind that will be handed down to my son when I pass. He may not want them but it won't be me that would ever sell them.

Gary
                  Last edited by DRT; 04-30-2020, 06:17 AM.

Comment

So I received the bow today shipped strung in a huge box lol. The bow is a superstition which is cool seems to be smoother than my old Sierra. It needs a good cleaning and inspection but I’m pleased

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So, the seller told you it was a Sierra, and what you got was a Superstition???? I own both, and prefer the Sierra, but that doesn’t mean diddly squat in the big picture.

Have fun with your new to you bow!!!

Bisch

Last edited by Bisch; 05-01-2020, 11:58 AM.

Comment

One piece by Great Plains Archery. Anxious for October to get here.
                        Attached Files

Comment

A lot of heat tween now and then. Plenty of time for you two to get acquainted.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                            So, the seller told you it was a Sierra, and what you got was a Superstition???? I own both, and prefer the Sierra, but that doesn’t mean diddly squat in the big picture.

Have fun with your new to you bow!!!

Bisch

He also said it was a recurve lol. I’m actually really glad it’s a superstition. It seems like this stacks a lot less at my 30.5 draw than the Sierra did. I think it’s the riser. I’ve heard sierras are faster but with my draw most any bow does ok.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              I just got my new recurve limbs for my Primal Tech bow. They are exact matches for the longbow limbs I already have for that riser. It’s very fast, and I’m quite sure it’s the quietest recurve I have ever shot!!!

Bisch

Beautiful looking bow!

Comment

Picked up my new selfbow from Arvin today and visited with Bob on the way home. Great guys!

Comment

Working...
                                X