2020 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TMC50 View Post

Got two this morning while driving my morning bus route. They don’t jar the bus as much as pigs or deer

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Nice work!

Comment

Called in a big raccoon and shot it right before dark this evening.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Nice work!

They must be attracted to my yelladog!

Typically only hit deer and hogs and a couple coons. Seems I am getting them early this year.

Comment

Started seeing a few on camera, so I decided to start running traps again this past Wednesday. No luck until I checked them yesterday. Found a tripped trap with only a foot. I've had a few of these over the years and figured there was a 3 legged coon running around... until I checked the camera. Caught another last night. Both on Dukes with peanut butter corn.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
            Started seeing a few on camera, so I decided to start running traps again this past Wednesday. No luck until I checked them yesterday. Found a tripped trap with only a foot. I've had a few of these over the years and figured there was a 3 legged coon running around... until I checked the camera. Caught another last night. Both on Dukes with peanut butter corn.

Wow!!! That’s a great capture. Ever the opportunists[emoji41]

Comment

2 more ...

the pic I wanted wouldn't load, go figure. Caught 2 last night on Duke's and tuna/corn. The corn alone wasn't working on them so added the tuna under the corn and wallah ... were totally eating ALL my corn under my feeder.
              Thx, Smart for your suggestions.
              Last edited by tdwinklr; 01-01-2021, 08:37 AM.

Comment

Caught 3 more at home .......37 TOTAL
                Note to self: Do not leave your game camera attached to the same tree as your coon trap...dang they are destructive! Found my game camera 3' away half destroyed, door open covered inside and out with wet sand stuffed in every slot and hole.

Comment

Good grief, coons are stupid. [emoji23]

I haven’t put any corn in that dukes trap since I stopped filling the pipe feeder and went to the 700lb Gamewinner back in September. There’s no way there was any corn left in that thing and he wasn’t there about a week ago
                  Dumb*** got too curious. [emoji23]

38 total

Comment

coons

2 more harassing my feeders
                    Attached Files

Comment

I was out tinkering with my truck Monday afternoon. I heard my cousins son yelling and their dog barking so I grabbed the pistol and rode the side by side in the woods behind their house. The dog had bayed a coon. The coon had charged my cousin and his son and they managed to hit the coon with a bat. They went to their house and the son came back with a high powered pellet gun, but couldn't kill it. By the time I got there, my cousin was on his way back with a 9mm to finish it off. Their dog took a good whipping.

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                        I was out tinkering with my truck Monday afternoon. I heard my cousins son yelling and their dog barking so I grabbed the pistol and rode the side by side in the woods behind their house. The dog had bayed a coon. The coon had charged my cousin and his son and they managed to hit the coon with a bat. They went to their house and the son came back with a high powered pellet gun, but couldn't kill it. By the time I got there, my cousin was on his way back with a 9mm to finish it off. Their dog took a good whipping.

Knock him out, John! (Jerry Clower reference)

Comment

coons

2 more last night.
                          Attached Files

Comment

2 more today. Dukes with corn.

Attached Files

Comment

47, caught 2 more this morning.

Comment

Caught 4 sat night including a triple at this waterhole’s feedpen. Other pens weren’t as successful. Gonna get after em again 2/29 weekend.

triple

Comment

Working...
                                X