Prasek’s or Juniors Smokehouse Deer Processing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prasek’s or Juniors Smokehouse Deer Processing

Has anyone had a deer processed with either one of these locations? I am leaning toward trying Praseks but wanted to check peoples opinions. Particularly sausage.

Now that I hunt South Texas it’s way out of the way to go to the Bellville Meat Market. I still take one deer a year there to have them make hamburger blend that I like but am wanting to try sausage from somewhere that’s on the way home from the new lease.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Praskes is really good (regular smoked links and midget sausage). haven't tried much from there, but from what ive had I can tell they do really good work!

Comment

We use both of them regularly for link sausage. For pan and summer I prefer Praseks, their jalapeno and cheese summer sausage is fine cuisine on the boat. Know both families well, all great people that will take care of you.

Comment

We use Junior's a lot as they are on the drive back. Pretty good regular and spicy sausage (don't get their Italian sausage), and priced right. Prasek's is really good, but it is on the higher priced side of processors...

Comment

As stated above... both are good . Prasek's has a cleaner more professional feel to me so I use them more.

Comment

I like praseks better. But both have turned consistent processing for me.

Comment

Not exactly sure from where you are coming from down south, but if your route takes you through Woodsboro on HWY 77 I'd highly recommend giving Tuttle's Meat Market in Woodsboro a shot on the sausage, special....

Comment

I second Tuttles in Woodsboro. They are right off the town square. I love their dried sausage. Down the street I suggest stopping by the Frosty for a tortilla burger. JR's is good as well just does not have enough smoke for me.

Comment

Jr's has been very good for me. I usually have an elk and 5-6 deer processed there/year. Their Jalapeno/cheese link sausage is the best I've ever had. You get ONLY your meat back and everything is vacuum sealed.

Comment

Originally posted by RJK70 View Post
                    Has anyone had a deer processed with either one of these locations? I am leaning toward trying Praseks but wanted to check peoples opinions. Particularly sausage.

Now that I hunt South Texas it’s way out of the way to go to the Bellville Meat Market. I still take one deer a year there to have them make hamburger blend that I like but am wanting to try sausage from somewhere that’s on the way home from the new lease.

Praseks and Juniors are both good, can't go wrong with either. Only thing I dislike about Juniors is the link sausage casing.

I'm a Bellville man myself...what burger blend are you getting there?

Comment

Bellville meat market

Comment

I use both regularly. Both have served me well. Both owners have given me a private tour of their facilities. Depends on which way I am coming from as to which gets the business.

Comment

Originally posted by outlook8 View Post
                          Praseks and Juniors are both good, can't go wrong with either. Only thing I dislike about Juniors is the link sausage casing.

I'm a Bellville man myself...what burger blend are you getting there?

70 venison/20 brisket/10 bacon from Bellville. It’s just awesome stuff.

What’s wrong with the casing a juniors? Casing can make a difference

Comment

I’ve never had a deer processed at either but I’ve eaten and gotten jerky from praseks and based on how good it is I would pick praseks for my processing needs.

Comment

We are a Prasek’s family. Extremely clean facility and labeling process for quality control.

Comment

Working...
                              X