Longest Kill Shot?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest Kill Shot?

After checking out the 3600 yard shot, it got me to thinking what has everyone's longest kill shot been(rifle)? What gun, caliber, bullets and setup did you use to make the shot, and what did you shoot?

Ill go first. My longest is 480 yards, Stainless Ruger No. 1 .300 win mag with 150 grain plain old Remington core lock bullets with a Leopold 4x12 gold ring scope. Big boar hog dropped in his tracks.
    Last edited by Mexico; 03-10-2015, 10:22 AM.

329 on a yote. Mauser action 270 I got when I was ten, using corelok 130 grain with Bushnell banner scope. Hit him right in the kisser.

Comment

My longest was 400 yards on an Armadillo with a Sig556 in .223 resting on the door of a running 85' Suburban. I'll admit, total and complete luck. Could never do that again if I tried.

Comment

Mine was 250 yards, clean up shot on a spike that my wife hit in front of shoulder. Wanted to get him down before he took off. Browning A-Bolt White Gold Medallion, 30-06, 3-9x40 Leupold Scope, 150g SST Hornady Superformance.

Comment

502 yards on a whitetail. .300 Remmy UM.

Comment

400 yards spike - Ruger model 77 - 30-06 - Burris Signature 3x10x40 Ballistic Plex - HornadySST 165gr - put yardage dot on it - dropped in tracks without a step

Comment

425 yds on a running coyote. 7 Mag freestanding..... PURE Luck!

Comment

364 yards on a Hog with Tikka T3 Lite Stainless in .308

Comment

I know It's not amazing but 264 on a gopher. The tough part was the steady 30 mph 45 degree cross wind. Had to hold 3 feet off.

Comment

803 yds on a red stag; remington sendero in 264 win mag, night force scope, - 1 shot and he fell in his tracks

Comment

500 plus or minus 50 on a trotting coyote, at dawn, .300 WM, no wind and all luck!

Comment

Glad I'm not the only one where luck went into their longest kill shot. Even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then I suppose.

Comment

450'ish. Whitetail. 6.5-284 in a TC Encore. 140 grain Berger VLD.

DRT.

Comment

Longest Kill Shot?

645yrds on a prairie dog in hale center. Ruger m77 in .223 rem with 55gr v-maxes
                            Last edited by MASTERS; 03-10-2015, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Mine was just last December...
                              335 yds. on a auodad
                              .25-06
                              117 gr. Hornady Superformance (SST)

Comment

Working...
                              X