X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Respect for all our LEO’s

Comment

Originally posted by TxSon1836 View Post
      any LEOs on here know if any agencies are allowing ride alongs right now? I assume no but you never know.
      If you are are willing to move South let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        I am in my 37th year. My time is growing short and I know it. My goal was 35 years so I made it to my bucket list.

I have survived the Rodney King incident and protests, OJ which caused us some grief, Columbine and active shooters and various other major incidents that have changed or placed blame on law enforcement. Some of it is deserved but in my opinion, not for the most part. The 97-98% get blamed for the 2-3% and then with the... but y’all are covering for the bad officers. I can’t begin to tell you have many times I have been approached by officers to report even minor infractions by other officers. I have known officers terminated, disciplined or had charges filed due to internal complaints.

I have accepted it as part of the job however. I used to tell my rookies when I was a training officer, if you got into this job for respect, you need to seek employment elsewhere. They need to come to that realization early. It is what it is. If you don’t want to serve, look for another line of work.

It is probably my time to retire. I have stayed because love doing police work when others get burned out much earlier and I completely understand. I have remained fairly active and haven’t been retired to a desk for several years.

But I hated walking away...... at least up until now. This last incident has brought so much grief to the vast majority of officers who are still service oriented. While my time was growing short, I am still involved, especially in trying to help young officers. I still carry my AR15 thinking that I may be the first to arrive at a major shooting scene. I will not stay away and wait for other officers to arrive.

I think that I can now drop my papers on the table and give it up with not nearly the sad feelings that I would have felt a month ago. After almost 4 decades, I think this most recent incident has helped me make my decision. I might “hang on” until the end of the year but I can’t see more than the end of this year. For the first time I can probably say, I just don’t care anymore.

I have never been sad to see a senior officer retire. I am usually happy for them having made it to the end and truthfully, they might have needed to get out of the way. So it is getting close to my time to get out of the way. It has been a great trip but the last couple of weeks have made life more peaceful in a way. The turmoil has helped me see the finish line. I feel for my fellow officers but I will probably leave without nearly the heavy heart that I would have had a month ago.

And as a lieutenant, the day I walk out, a lieutenant and sergeant will get promoted. I am sure they will say, don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

It ain’t over yet but........
        We got the watch from here Amigo. I am a few years behind you.

Comment

Respect for all you LEO's. Thank you for all that you do.

Comment

Prayers up and thanks.

Comment

11 in. The job changed completely after Ferguson. Luckily in a rural area most folks still respect us. But it seems like there’s fewer all the time.

Comment

Be hitting 12 in august.. with 18 left. 30 years would make me retire at 50.. I don't wish time away, but dang..

Im, as I type this, on hour 12 of a 24hour straight offduty at Walmart in Denton.. just to pay bills.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Much respect for all of you. I almost made the same post as above in a thread question but didn’t know how to word it.
                  Why would anyone want to be a police officer these days? We need everyone one of you but I would have a hard time dealing with what you do, for whom you do for what you get. I’ve got a few old friends in book of faces that constantly complain about police and other government agencies. I finally just asked them, if you could do better then suit up and stand that line. If your not gonna man up then sit down and shut it. There is bad apples in every bunch but if we continue to overly scrutinize all law enforcement we will eventually runoff all the good ones and be left with the bottom of the barrel. This will only make matters worse.
                  I pray for everyone one of you and envy your call to duty and sacrifice.

Comment

I want to thank each and everyone of you.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                      I am in my 37th year. My time is growing short and I know it. My goal was 35 years so I made it to my bucket list.

I have survived the Rodney King incident and protests, OJ which caused us some grief, Columbine and active shooters and various other major incidents that have changed or placed blame on law enforcement. Some of it is deserved but in my opinion, not for the most part. The 97-98% get blamed for the 2-3% and then with the... but y’all are covering for the bad officers. I can’t begin to tell you have many times I have been approached by officers to report even minor infractions by other officers. I have known officers terminated, disciplined or had charges filed due to internal complaints.

I have accepted it as part of the job however. I used to tell my rookies when I was a training officer, if you got into this job for respect, you need to seek employment elsewhere. They need to come to that realization early. It is what it is. If you don’t want to serve, look for another line of work.

It is probably my time to retire. I have stayed because love doing police work when others get burned out much earlier and I completely understand. I have remained fairly active and haven’t been retired to a desk for several years.

But I hated walking away...... at least up until now. This last incident has brought so much grief to the vast majority of officers who are still service oriented. While my time was growing short, I am still involved, especially in trying to help young officers. I still carry my AR15 thinking that I may be the first to arrive at a major shooting scene. I will not stay away and wait for other officers to arrive.

I think that I can now drop my papers on the table and give it up with not nearly the sad feelings that I would have felt a month ago. After almost 4 decades, I think this most recent incident has helped me make my decision. I might “hang on” until the end of the year but I can’t see more than the end of this year. For the first time I can probably say, I just don’t care anymore.

I have never been sad to see a senior officer retire. I am usually happy for them having made it to the end and truthfully, they might have needed to get out of the way. So it is getting close to my time to get out of the way. It has been a great trip but the last couple of weeks have made life more peaceful in a way. The turmoil has helped me see the finish line. I feel for my fellow officers but I will probably leave without nearly the heavy heart that I would have had a month ago.

And as a lieutenant, the day I walk out, a lieutenant and sergeant will get promoted. I am sure they will say, don’t let the door hit you in the butt on the way out.

It ain’t over yet but........

No truer words than that.

I have been called to the carpet, typed and turned in more than one statement on misconduct. I feel like if the majority of the folks that complain about the 'blue line' knew more about what it represents to those that stand on it, we'd be in a better place with our relationship with the public.

TVC, over the years reading your posts I believe you to be one of the supervisors most street guys hate to loose and the next group loves to gain. A cops cop. Its easy to get behind brass that are willing to get down and crawl thru the mud with you rather than sit behind their bars or stripes and bark orders.

Good luck in your retirement, it sounds like you deserve it.

Comment

TVC. You earned that mailbox money. I’m done as well as soon as I can sell everything I own in the area and find where the wife and I want to live.

Comment

Y’all need to stop talking retirement cause I still have about 13 years before I even meet the requirements and I want to give 20. I’m 37 and don’t plan to retire before 60 but you never know. The nights are long these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                            Y’all need to stop talking retirement cause I still have about 13 years before I even meet the requirements and I want to give 20. I’m 37 and don’t plan to retire before 60 but you never know. The nights are long these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The days ain’t getting no shorter either.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thank you all for your service and all the effort yall have put into your job.

TVC and Glen enjoy your retirement and god bless. I hope my dad is with yall in retirement shortly. He says he wants to hang on a few more years but with everything going on i hope he does it soon.

Comment

I have 15 years in this month and I wouldnt change a thing. Even with all of the BS going on right now, I know that this is the job I was called to do. I've done Patrol, CID and Narcotics, which I'm working on my 5th year working narcotics as we speak. I KNOW police work and about 99% of the people who are bashing us right now dont even have the slightest clue about how we do our job. They dont have a clue how passionate we are about keeping the streets safe. Most people are jumping on a bandwagon right now that they also know nothing about. Hating the police is the "cool" thing to do. All the people hating us right now, at some point will need us, and we will help them regardless, because that is what we do. The media is fueling this fire and they should be held accountable for it. I have seen the media be biased before, but in no other time have I seen them be as biased as they have the last 4 years. I cant imaging how they will tear this country apart if Trump gets elected in November. If you see a police officer, fireman, nurse, school teacher or any other public servant, thank them! Most days that's all we need!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X