No announcement yet.

Form 4 Wait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Our tax dollars at work. How it can be 4-5 months for one and a year for another is mind boggling. I believe the paperwork involves local sheriff offices or police departments and it "times out" if they don't eventually respond. Perhaps that's part of the variability. It's frustrating none-the-less.

In terms of contacting the ATF, is there a specific branch/location/office to check status?

Comment

I have one in jail waiting on stamp to arrive at dealer. I got bored and called on mine. It was approved on 5/1/20. I talked to Allegiant in Mckinney and they said it is taking 45-60 days for stamps to arrive.

Bought-11/18/2019
      Check Cashed-12/4/2019
      Approved-5/1/2020
      Stamp to Dealer-??

Comment

Stupid wait times. I just don't understand

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf_Creek View Post
          I have one in jail waiting on stamp to arrive at dealer. I got bored and called on mine. It was approved on 5/1/20. I talked to Allegiant in Mckinney and they said it is taking 45-60 days for stamps to arrive.

Stamp to Dealer-??
          That's what's weird.... Previously it seemed as though from Approval to the shop having the stamp in hand was like a week. Not sure what the story is.

Comment

Allegiant told me that the examiners are working from home so it is causing the delay on shipping them out. Not sure what to believe during these crazy times. I called the ATF and the lady i talked to told me wait 15 days and if not received then it may have been lost. Had a buddy who's stamp was lost a few months back after waiting for 14 months for approval. I fully expected to be waiting 10-12 months. I'm stoked that mine didn't take as long but definitely anxious about the time it takes to get to dealer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolf_Creek View Post
              Allegiant told me that the examiners are working from home so it is causing the delay on shipping them out. Not sure what to believe during these crazy times. I called the ATF and the lady i talked to told me wait 15 days and if not received then it may have been lost. Had a buddy who's stamp was lost a few months back after waiting for 14 months for approval. I fully expected to be waiting 10-12 months. I'm stoked that mine didn't take as long but definitely anxious about the time it takes to get to dealer.

And I believe they are also batch mailing instead of individually mailing them as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yankee hill Resonator
                Purchased June 28 2019
                Approved May 5 2020
                Paperwork to dealer May 26

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

[QUOTE=Wolf_Creek;14905052]I have one in jail waiting on stamp to arrive at dealer. I got bored and called on mine. It was approved on 5/1/20. I talked to Allegiant in Mckinney and they said it is taking 45-60 days for stamps to arrive.

Bought-11/18/2019
                  Check Cashed-12/4/2019
                  Approved-5/1/2020
                  Stamp to Dealer-?? 6/10/2020!!!

Picked up my suppressor today. The wait is over. My son was stoked. Shot it on my Grendel and now ready to get on the pigs again.

Comment

Just put a thunder chicken in jail, hoping for the quick turnaround. We will see, but have a trash panda already so wait isn’t as bad as on your first one.

Comment

Originally posted by bmac View Post
                      Just put a thunder chicken in jail, hoping for the quick turnaround. We will see, but have a trash panda already so wait isn’t as bad as on your first one.

I’m waiting on the exact same thing. Got a TP out of jail about a year ago (took right at a year) and put a TC in jail in March. That check cleared 4/2

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
                        The longer you wait the longer you wait.

Start the clock ASAP and the sooner it’ll get to ya.
                        yeah, if I just would have done it the first time Iwanted one, I would have had one 5 years ago.

I just bought a rugged radiant Ti, and sent all the paperwork off through silencer shop this week. I guess I'll post next year when I get it.
                        Last edited by kyle1974; 06-12-2020, 12:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim_IV View Post
                          I’m waiting on the exact same thing. Got a TP out of jail about a year ago (took right at a year) and put a TC in jail in March. That check cleared 4/2

Seems we did the same thing but I’m a few month later on putting a TC back. Love the trash panda and think it is better then my brothers TBAC 9 thunderbeast

Comment

Well... I got the email today. Paperwork is at the dealer and the can is ready for pickup. I'm going to go and get it and the fitting for my cz scorpion then I'll start working on the rest of my collection. 30 cal can is still months away.

I turned in all my paperwork on 8/23. I did it all by CC at Capital Armory and they send the check so I didn't get a "Check Cashed". So submission to ready for pickup was just shy of 10 months.

Note it took 3 weeks from stamp approval to get to my dealer.
                            Last edited by ken800; 06-18-2020, 03:15 PM.

Comment

How long does it usually take for the feds to process payment for the stamp?

I did the paperwork with my local dealer about a month or so ago, and it still hasn’t hit my bank account.

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
                                How long does it usually take for the feds to process payment for the stamp?

I did the paperwork with my local dealer about a month or so ago, and it still hasn’t hit my bank account.
                                NFA Tracker is showing about 23-38 days as the averages right now depending on what form and method you used.
                                It also depends when your dealer actually mailed it out.

Comment

Working...
                                X