• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Wednesday)

Daily Bible Portion– 4 of 7
    "IN MY DECREES"

(Weekly Reading>>Leviticus 26:3-27:34, Jeremiah 16:19-17:14
    Matthew 23:1-24:2, John 14:15-21; 15:10-12)

There is Hope

Jeremiah 31:1-9 "At the same time [as the punishment of the wicked]," says the LORD/Yahweh, "I will be the God of all the families of Israel, and they shall be My people." Thus says the LORD/Yahweh: "The people who survived the sword found grace in the wilderness - Israel, when I went to give him rest." The LORD/Yahweh has appeared of old to me, saying: "Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you. Again I will build you, and you shall be rebuilt, O virgin of Israel! You shall again be adorned with your tambourines, and shall go forth in the dances of those who rejoice. You shall yet plant vines on the mountains of Samaria; the planters shall plant and eat them as ordinary food. For there shall be a day when the watchmen will cry on Mount Ephraim, 'Arise, and let us go up to Zion, to the LORD/Yahweh our God/Elohim.'" For thus says the LORD/Yahweh: "Sing with gladness for Jacob, and shout among the chief of the nations; proclaim, give praise, and say, 'O LORD/YHVH, save Your people, the remnant of Israel!' Behold, I will bring them from the north country, and gather them from the ends of the earth, among them the blind and the lame, the woman with child and the one who labors with child, together; a great throng shall return there. They shall come with weeping, and with supplications I will lead them. I will cause them to walk by the rivers of waters, in a straight way in which they shall not stumble; for I am a Father to Israel, and Ephraim is My firstborn."

The Restoration

Leviticus 26:40-45 "If we confess our sins and the sins of our fathers, then when our hearts are humbled and we fulfill the costly consequences of our disobedience to his ways, then the Lord will remember His Covenant He made with our fathers Jacob, Isaac and Abraham and restore us" (2 Chronicles 7:13-14).

The Two Houses of Israel today are scattered throughout the lands of their dispersion. Very few live in the Land by comparison and of those, only a remnant obeys the Lord's instructions. Without the knowledge of the Messiah's principles, the people will have no authority to stay in the land of their inheritance. God's laws that govern the land are permanently set in place and therefore govern the return. These warnings listed earlier applied to our ancestors and are still in effect. Today, through the One who fulfilled the Word given at Mount Sinai, Jesus, son of David, we are able to choose life! God does not leave us without hope. The Hope of all Israel rests in His people walking out His word.

The Valuation of Redemption
    (Leviticus 27)

Up to this point in the Book of Leviticus the Torah/instruction has described the offerings that can be brought in forms of animal and vegetable (grain). In this last chapter of Leviticus it describes the terms of redemption through the valuation of property, commerce and human restoration.

Ruth 4:7-11 "Now this was the custom in former times in Israel concerning redeeming and exchanging, to confirm anything: one man took off his sandal and gave it to the other, and this was a confirmation in Israel. Therefore the close relative said to Boaz, 'Buy it for yourself.' So he took off his sandal. And Boaz said to the elders and all the people, 'You are witnesses this day that I have bought all that was Elimelech's, and all that was Chilion's and Mahlon's, from the hand of Naomi. Moreover, Ruth the Moabitess, the widow of Mahlon, I have acquired as my wife, to perpetuate the name of the dead through his inheritance, that the name of the dead may not be cut off from among his brethren and from his position at the gate. You are witnesses this day.' And all the people who were at the gate, and the elders, said, 'We are witnesses. The LORD/Yahweh make the woman who is coming to your house like Rachel and Leah, the two who built the house(family) of Israel; and may you prosper in Ephrathah and be famous in Bethlehem.'"

continues tomorrow...

Amen!

Comment

Working...
    X