Crappie thread 2020!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hogslayer78 View Post
    I have down imaging, side imaging, and normal chirp on the front of my boat and the console. I only use chirp in front to get on brush piles and lock on them. Here is pic I took from Richland Chambers of a brush pile that was loaded with fish. Im posting a pic also of what you should see if your locked on top of one. You should constantly be picking it up on the screen. I think your image in down image you are showing looks right. It's brush not a tree. If you go over timber in down imaging its shows alot more detail than a brush pile. Same with bridge pilings. We were catching them in 12ft to 15 ft of water all weekend on brush and timber that was in 18-24ft. Sorry your having some much trouble! It can be frustrating.

I’m kinda jumping in mid convo but

first, from the first image how did you determine that the pile was loaded with fish?

Second, other than depth how can you tell that’s the top of the pile when zoomed in that much?

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post

first, from the first image how did you determine that the pile was loaded with fish?

Second, other than depth how can you tell that’s the top of the pile when zoomed in that much?
      The first pic and second pic were two different brush piles as you can tell by depth. The first pic you can tell has fish because of all the arcs around the entire pile. That was from Richland Chambers this weekend. We caught over 30 crappie off that pile. The second pic is the front graph when spot locked directly on the pile. It looks look that because the brush pile is constantly getting picked up on sonar so it covers the screen constantly. That brush pile was actually in 16ft and came up to 8 ft to the top. It shows 13.5 ft on the front graph because the transducer is on the trolling motor which is deeper than the transducer on the back. That wasn't zoomed in, that is the view constantly when on top of a pile whith 2g sonar. Hopefully this makes since lol.

Comment

What he said^^

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

When you sitting still 2D won’t throw an arch. The fish will be a line going across the screen. You can see a couple bright lines in the brush. Those are fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
            What he said^^

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
            Here is quick 2 minute video that explains it pretty good.

Comment

First trip to Tawakoni in over a year. Cleaned 60 in 5 hours. Lots my stuff is gone. Such is life. Little man called it Richland Chambers 2.0 but it wasn’t anywhere near that bad! Lots of work to do before the tourney but maybe I can find some better fish. Tawakoni is a good lake for numbers though. I had my weekday trip cancel this week. Can do a trip this week and after that my next open day is late June. Fishing is great right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                First trip to Tawakoni in over a year. Cleaned 60 in 5 hours. Lots my stuff is gone. Such is life. Little man called it Richland Chambers 2.0 but it wasn’t anywhere near that bad! Lots of work to do before the tourney but maybe I can find some better fish. Tawakoni is a good lake for numbers though. I had my weekday trip cancel this week. Can do a trip this week and after that my next open day is late June. Fishing is great right now.
                At least you were on the water! I gotta put up a new privacy fence this weekend so no crappie fishing for me! 430 pickets worth!😔
                Attached Files

Comment

At least you were on the water! I gotta put up a new privacy fence this weekend so no crappie fishing for me! 430 pickets worth![emoji17]
                  You better build it tall if you want privacy!

I'm rebuilding mom's well house tomorrow. Not looking forward to the heatwave.

I'll have to watch some Greg Fenn videos to tide me over!

Comment

At least you were on the water! I gotta put up a new privacy fence this weekend so no crappie fishing for me! 430 pickets worth!😔
                    Get team America to build your fence and you can go fishing!!!

Comment

At least you were on the water! I gotta put up a new privacy fence this weekend so no crappie fishing for me! 430 pickets worth![emoji17]

Paint it! New wood is overrated! Be on the water before lunch!

[emoji1531]

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                        You better build it tall if you want privacy!

I'm rebuilding mom's well house tomorrow. Not looking forward to the heatwave.

I'll have to watch some Greg Fenn videos to tide me over!
                        Greg's a really nice guy. I'm headed to catch the spotted fish

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Took me a while to get on the good ones today on Fork but once we did it was over pretty quick! Had one over 2 and several 1.5-1.75 fish. Fun stuff! Frying up little Tawakoni crappie tonight.

Comment

Pm sent

Comment

Get team America to build your fence and you can go fishing!!!
                              I have a once every 20 year limit on my fence building!

Now a stone patio would really complete that back yard! If only we had an expert on this....

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                                I have a once every 20 year limit on my fence building!

Now a stone patio would really complete that back yard! If only we had an expert on this....
                                Lmao!!! I get $500 a day to fish so I figure $2k a day should be fair for patio work!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X