Bug out system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug out system

With everything going on I've been thinking about a BOB for the first time.

I don't like to keep large quantities of anything around because I don't like being buried in crap. Though if something happened this instant and I had to leave, fighting my way out of something I'm vastly underprepared. I generally keep enough ammo on hand for hunting needs. When I reload I load small batches that will get me through 1 deer season.

I need mags, a decent amount of .223 and 9mm ammo, and possibly consolidate pistols to a platform mags can be shared.

I know the bug out threads have been discussed at length before but curious of how much do you consider enough in your prepping.

I have changed my level of prep depending on the times honestly. when all this roni nonsense started and with the increase in protests and just general unrest I have started to increase my supply of bug out items/ammo/first aid supply. etc.

Comment

Good luck with 223 and 9mm right now. 223 is a bit easier to find today than it was 6-8 weeks ago, but it’s not exactly easy. 9mm is currently a bit harder.

Comment

I live in the country and I'm not bugging out anywhere.

Comment

This

Originally posted by Rakkasan2187 View Post
          Yup, live on 11 acres, have everything I need to defend my bug out spot, day or night!

Comment

I also live wat out in the country, it's 300 yards to my front gate I can reach them if needed !

Comment

I don't necessarily see the need to keep a kit for bugging out. I do keep a small kit with me when I am away from home which should allow me to survive and navigate home during a catastrophe. Just small stuff like water treatment, compass, space blanket, skel tool, para-cord, flashlight and a couple of other things in a small pouch. I even joked about it on a man purse thread a while ago.

Comment

It's not a complicated process, you can't store enough of anything to last till the end of your days. I keep the groceries we eat on a rotational system we always have enough for +\- 75 days. Grid goes down, whatever is in the freezer gets cooked or turned into jerky/Biltong. I keep ammo the same way, whatever I use on a regular basis I keep on hand and buy to replace, plus I have reloading capability, the only exception is .22 ammo, I got a lot, buy more from time to time. I also store food "on the hoof", best way to possible to store food is growing in the ground or standing in a pen.

Comment

What area do you live in?

Comment

The hard part is getting to your bug out location when three million others are bugging out as well!

Comment

Bug out was probably not the best description to what I've been thinking about lately but definitely a few tweaks I need to make. I'm in Central Texas on the 35 corridor. I'm stuck if shtf.

I feel secure in what I have under normal conditions, but wouldn't if 100s or 1000s were marching in my town/neighborhood looking to cause trouble with everyone.

Comment

We all are unless we live far enough out of town and in a town where people stick together. Outside of Houston. The only way it gets worse is to live in mid town I guess. Think back to hurricane Ike and Katrina. The place here looked like hurricane Covina came through. Took my sister over ten hours to get to Dallas from lake Jackson. But, I think it’s prudent on your part to at least try to be prepared.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                          What area do you live in?
                          I live in Kansas about 30 mile S of Olathe KS

Comment

Edit to shorten. Buy a bunch of mags and a bunch of ammo. It's your duty as an American.

Comment

Originally posted by Christianhuff View Post
                              Yup, live on 11 acres, have everything I need to defend my bug out spot, day or night!
                              I always thought bugout was to get to your fortress

Most people work in town, several miles from their "stronghold" so being prepared to get where you need to be is what I would be talking about if "bugging out"

Comment

Working...
                              X