Entry Level PCP air rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entry Level PCP air rifle

Looking to get an entry level pcp air rifle that is quiet enough for the back yard and accurate enough for squirrels. Initial thought is a .25 cal for varmints around the house.

Air gun depot has a great price on the hatsan flash and I am leaning that direction. Does anyone have any experience with this model. How does it compare to say the Benjamin marauder? Any other guns in this price point I should consider?

Also initially I would plan on using a hand pump if that is a factor

I have a Maurader in .25 cal and love it, but this Hatsen looks sweet ! I would check the reviews and not hesitate if it fit my budget. Be warned, some get addicted to this adult air rifle thing. I started w a Benjamin Discovery, then got a Maurader, and now have added the .457 Airforce SS Texan. Man they are fun!!!

Comment

Also, a hand pump works well, but is a pretty good workout. It's actually a pretty good form of exercise if you shoot enough. I now have a cheap compressor and a scuba tank that will totally spoil you. It's all good

Comment

Surprised the .25 only generates 2 more FPE than the .22.

Has good reviews.... great, now I want one

Comment

Maruader over the Hatsan Flash. I had a Flashpup in .25. Shoots decent but mags are their main issue. They have redesigned the mags and still have issues.

Comment

I have a .22 Maurader with hand pump I would consider selling if anyone is interested in it. I havent used it much at all. Probably has less than 200 rounds down the tube.

Comment

Get the Benjamin! There are many places to get service, do mods, tinker, and such with it. You can also add additional suppression to it to make it even quieter. There are whole forums dedicated to the "M-Rod" for tuning, trigger work, conversions of all kinds... etc. It is the easiest entry level PCP gun to get your addiction going full steam.
              And YES, the .25 is superior to the .22 even for smaller targets like squirrels, sparrows n starlings... A direct hit from that .25 to mid-body of a sparrow is pretty much total destruction... I have some slo-mo video that is awesome! Not many in the PCP crowd on the various air gun forums speak very highly of the Hatsan's...

Comment

Sheesh Mods don’t know a firearm from an airgun

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                  Sheesh Mods don’t know a firearm from an airgun

Comment

Working...
                  X