Consequences for shooting in self defense but do not have CHL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    If an LTC is easy to get and the shooting standards are basically a joke ( both things said many times on TBH )then what’s the point in the License?

Is it simply to collect data, money?
    Bingo

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Needs clarification. Minimum and maximum. Is there a slot limit?
      Maybe the reference should be mainbeam length or mass.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
        Yes but.... PC 9.31 (e) and (f) also says that if you are legally at any location, you do not have to retreat. So if you live in Houston but are on a sidewalk in Dallas, I guess every sidewalk is an extension of your home because you don’t have to retreat there either.

The law in Texas says that if you are legally at a location and being unlawful threatened and aren’t committing a crime yourself, you have the right of self defense and no duty to retreat. It can be your home, your neighbor’s home, your car, any business, any public location......
        And, if you are forced to use your weapon in self defense and it is deemed so by a grand jury, if a lawsuit is brought against you, they cannot collect damages.

I have not seen that mentioned here, so i thought i would open that can of worms.

Comment

I believe every homicide, and that's what is is if you kill someone, goes before a grand jury. Self defense, is a relief to prosecution. Think about it, you have to admit to the act. You better be right about the need for self defense. Think about all the liberal DA's here in Texas, and having to navigate that bucket of crap, and what could go wrong. So, in the few milliseconds you have to decide if what you are about to do is self defense, better make the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by double bogey View Post
            I believe every homicide, and that's what is is if you kill someone, goes before a grand jury. Self defense, is a relief to prosecution. Think about it, you have to admit to the act. You better be right about the need for self defense. Think about all the liberal DA's here in Texas, and having to navigate that bucket of crap, and what could go wrong. So, in the few milliseconds you have to decide if what you are about to do is self defense, better make the right decision.
            According to which side of the argument you are on, under Texas law if you claim self defense, you don’t have to prove it was self defense. The DA has to prove beyond a reasonable doubt that it was not.

Comment

Originally posted by Olphart View Post
              Regarding felons, how many do you think go to a gun store and buy? Not many at all, so that negates your argument about going through a FFL.....another law. If Constitutional carry is so great, why have to comply with federal laws?

As for "in your business," I really don't care. It was in reference to public opinion, such as employers or law enforcement. You have a good evening!

Thanks for making my point for me. Felons don’t follow the law to begin with so what makes you think an LTC changes that? Do you really think people aren’t already practicing constitutional carry, felon or not?

I shouldn’t have to pay the government a fee and beg for the privilege of carrying a weapon to defend myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
                Maybe the reference should be mainbeam length or mass.
                I think a snub-nosed pistol can be just as effective in the right hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Paycheck View Post
                  I think a snub-nosed pistol can be just as effective in the right hands.
                  Thats a one-person shooting.....not the same

Comment

Get a lawyer, and consult with him on the matter. A bunch of deer hunters on the internet is not a good means of legal council.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                    X