Fawns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fawns

Just a heads up to be careful when shredding this time of year. Fawns are hitting the ground in Southeast Texas. I was doing a little tractor work at the house Sunday and had a fawn jump up from between the front tires of the tractor. Thought it was a rabbit at first, realized it was a deer and shut down tractor work for a few months.

That’s the reasom my grass doesn’t get mowed until about July. I ran over one with a shredder years ago and vowed I’d never do it again.

Comment

We killed one today with the no till drill in the last field to plant with heavy rye. Still have a couple fields to plant but they are close cropped with no chance of fawns. Wont be doing anymore field work till June now.

Comment

found this little sweetie on HWY 19 between Canton and Athens

mom had been run over earlierClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0349.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	42.2 KB
ID:	24617337

Comment

Will be cutting Hay ASAP. First cutting on some fields always has me on the edge of my seat and hand on pto switch like I’m playing family feud. I’ll catch 9 of 10.... but that 10th still sucks. Always just gets their hooves. Look back and they are just sitting up like nothing happened. But I gotta make a living so I just work with extra caution
          Last edited by Low Fence; 05-13-2020, 05:36 PM.

Comment

bolt a steel bar out in front of the tractor, sticking out as wide as your cutter, maybe 2 feet off the ground. Weld heavy chain pieces every six inches hanging to the ground. Rattling chain hitting a fawn WILL make it jump and run.

Comment

Originally posted by DTala View Post
              bolt a steel bar out in front of the tractor, sticking out as wide as your cutter, maybe 2 feet off the ground. Weld heavy chain pieces every six inches hanging to the ground. Rattling chain hitting a fawn WILL make it jump and run.
              interesting idea.

Comment

Would take too much time to haul, set up and fix after the hogs holes beat it apart. I just chalk up 1 every 5-6 years to nature of the beast. I’m pretty good at spotting them. And calling in the doe is a blast. They will get up to n your space QUICK

Comment

Working...
                X