Funniest encounter ever while huntin.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funniest encounter ever while huntin.

So with this being the first year to be able to legally hunt at night for coyotes in Kansas I got my license and night hunting permit. I have buddies in Kansas so one of my buddies wanted to go call some in tonight. So we went out and made a few stands. We pulled into a trail road took a right and parked by an old oil well. We walk up over a hill and start calling and about 5 minutes in to it we see a vehicle coming down the road. It goes behind the hill behind us and my buddy says well that's weird I don't see that car. About 5 minutes later I told my buddy it seemed like it was getting lighter outside.

We didn't see anything so we walk back to his truck. We get over the hill and see headlights pulled into the trail road just off the main road (that's why it seemed lighter outside). He said that's weird, we have permission to he here. Wonder what they want? Keep in mind we're walking in complete darkness. The car had its headlights on and we figured they must've seen his truck and obviously wanted to talk to us. I step out of the dark and into the headlights carrying my buddies AR-10 and go to the truck. We both get in and he fires up the truck and that car puts it in reverse and floors it. My buddy and I start laughing and he peels out behind them like he's mad. We're both dyin laughing at this point because it was then obvious that whoever pulled into that trail road never saw his truck and someone was either about to get pregnant or they were doing drugs. We chased them for about 10 miles,never really even got that close and they high tailed it like we were the police.

When I stepped out of the dark and into their headlights with that rifle I bet they've never got dressed or put drugs away so fast in their life.ahahahahahahahahahahaha They have a story they can tell for the rest of their lives now. And I'd love to hear it.LOL

I can't imagine how scary that was. Pull in to a "secluded" area thinking you're all alone. 15 minutes later a bearded long haired guy with a big rifle steps out of the grass and into your headlights out of the pitch black darkness.LOL ahahahahahaha

I'm a nice guy but I do not look like one. So I'd imagine they were about to crap down both legs.
    Last edited by okrattler; 01-16-2021, 02:35 AM.

Comment

that must have induced some shrinkage.

Comment

You should be ashamed, but you may have done some father a good deed !

Comment

Comment

Every time I think about it I can't help but start laughing again. Oh my Lord that cracks me up. Heck I didn't know who it was or what the landowner drives or anything so I was as clueless about it as the people in the car were.LOL

I figured it out pretty quick when they about ripped the bumper off that car peeling out of there backwards. They bottomed out when they were getting back up on the main road. Whoever it was must've thought they were gonna get dead. Little did they know my buddy and I were laughing so hard we were cryin.

Comment

Some guy was about to lay down the best 37 seconds of his life. And you ruined it. Lol

Comment

Years back, a buddy and I were driving to my place for a little hunting. It was about 4 a.m. It's a two lane winding dirt road in bottom land, so lots of short, one lane bridges over creek beds. We come around a turn and there's a truck parked ON THE BRIDGE. From only 15 yards my headlights hit the windshield and two heads pop up! That must have been quite a surprise.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                  Years back, a buddy and I were driving to my place for a little hunting. It was about 4 a.m. It's a two lane winding dirt road in bottom land, so lots of short, one lane bridges over creek beds. We come around a turn and there's a truck parked ON THE BRIDGE. From only 15 yards my headlights hit the windshield and two heads pop up! That must have been quite a surprise.
                  I guess when things get hot and heavy you gotta do what you gotta do. You just gotta take that risk of gettin caught.LOL

I wish my buddy would have went and tapped on their window last night. I just hope at some point in my life,for some reason get to hear their version of the story. In their minds they were gonna be in huge trouble.

Comment

“Humpin to please!”

Comment

If I ever see that car again I'll notice it right away. It is now my mission in life to hear their experience in their own words.

Comment

Funny story and had a similar experience many moons ago. I have ask, you had to pay for a permit to hunt coyotes at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                          Funny story and had a similar experience many moons ago. I have ask, you had to pay for a permit to hunt coyotes at night?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Yes, that's part of the new regulations in Kansas. It's a $2 permit they add to your hunting license.

Comment

I grew up in Kansas. Lots of places to park. Just turn into a field and shut off the lights. Ah, memories!

Comment

Originally posted by KSU_Wildcat View Post
                              I grew up in Kansas. Lots of places to park. Just turn into a field and shut off the lights. Ah, memories!
                              Just gotta be more aware of your surroundings now. Before you go bump in the night,look for things that go bump in the night.LOL Might not be alone now days.

Comment

Working...
                              X