DFW Bourbon Found Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DFW Bourbon Found Thread

So this is a thread I’ve wanted to start for a bit. Hopefully people don’t use this as a tool to buy up and horde all the good bottles out there. This thread should be about sharing where you find the harder to find stuff so that others can buy as well. So post up what you’ve found that people may be looking for and where you found it.

I’ll get it started now.

Total Wine in Oaklawn on Congress has at least 5 bottles of Booker’s pigskin right this second. I bought some myself to try out. Also picked up a bottle of Angels Envy. And...go!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am NOT a whiskey drinker. Each time I try it, I can't get past the strong acetone taste (drinking it straight, not mixed). I found this whiskey that I like and it has an awesome taste, with NO acetone taste. They have 80, 90 and 110 proof. Available at Whiskey Hollow in Valley View, Texas (north of Denton, almost Gainesville). I DO NOT drink whiskey, but I did buy a bottle of this stuff. It is a little pricey but, to me, worth it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20210108_183056552.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	135.0 KB
ID:	24640508

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bullseye07 View Post
      So this is a thread I’ve wanted to start for a bit. Hopefully people don’t use this as a tool to buy up and horde all the good bottles out there. This thread should be about sharing where you find the harder to find stuff so that others can buy as well. So post up what you’ve found that people may be looking for and where you found it.

I’ll get it started now.

Total Wine in Oaklawn on Congress has at least 5 bottles of Booker’s pigskin right this second. I bought some myself to try out. Also picked up a bottle of Angels Envy. And...go!

Angel’s Envy Rye or Bourbon?

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post

They had both

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post

What’s the difference?

Comment

Good score!

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
              What’s the difference?

One is a rye whiskey and one is a bourbon. Rye is described to have a spicy flavor to it.

Comment

DFW Bourbon Found Thread

Gonna try to revive this thread. Picked up a bottle of Old forester 1920 yesterday. They had another available and several other old forresters. They also had GB honeydew, angels envy, several whistle pigs, willette pot still reserve, wild turkey rare and I’m sure a few others I’m forgetting.

Nothing super rare, but good pours nonetheless.

This was at Goody Goody off Harry Hines between Lombardy and willowbroom.

Comment

Working...
                X