Longest Tine Measurment You've Seen?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Longest Tine Measurment You've Seen?

Just curious what's is the single longest tine measurement you've seen on a whitetail. Pics would be awesome. I have a live 8pt right now and I'm pretty sure his 2's are 13"+. I'm are giving him another year or 2 to see what happens but they are some of the longest tines I've every seen on whitetail. In for pics from others.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

I have seen a 15" G-2 on a whitetail. Anything above 14" is going into mule-deer territory

Comment

I have seen a 15 inch G2 on a 165 inch 8 point

Comment

Years ago, my boss shot a spike that was 27" long, on both sides.

Being the East Bernard redneck that he is, he threw the rack away.
        This was before cell phone cameras, so I didn't actually see the deer, or pictures of it, but he is one of the most trustworthy men I know, so I have no reason to doubt him.

Comment

This is a deer that I shot, he has almost 14" G2's and a gross 170" 8pt frame. The only scorable G4 is 3" long. When it comes to tine length, any curve or wave in the horn adds alot. Also the way the horn leans forward or backward and/or how it comes off the main beams will make a difference. These are all things that are hard to determine in the field or off of photos, but you'll know as soon as you walk up to him.

The last buck is another deer that I killed last season, he as 13" G3's and a gross 10 point frame of 184". I have field photos of this buck, but not on my phone or laptop
          Attached Files

Comment

Largest deer I have ever killed was a ten point. His tine measurements were 13" G2, 12" G3, and 9" G4 on the right side, 11" G2, 12" G3, and 6" G4 on the left side. Unfortunately, he was lacking in mass, spread, and brows which limited his score to only 154". Tine length was amazing however for a low fence central TX buck.

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
              Years ago, my boss shot a spike that was 27" long, on both sides.

Being the East Bernard redneck that he is, he threw the rack away.
              This was before cell phone cameras, so I didn't actually see the deer, or pictures of it, but he is one of the most trustworthy men I know, so I have no reason to doubt him.
              Might have been an axis...lol

Comment

My Kimble Co 10 this year had a 12” and a 13” G3’s...

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                  Might have been an axis...lol

Did you mean megafawn?

This was on his family land, somewhere around East Bernard. If it had spots, he wouldn't have shot it ... tender, but not enough meat to mess with.

Comment

17” on this buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

<--- Avatar bucks' 2s are 14". The 3 on the right side is right at 13."

No live field pics or video of him on the hoof. When a new deer like that shows up you disregard everything else and just shoot

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post

17” on this buck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                        Now that's crazy long.

Comment

Longest on a deer I have killed is 14 7/8".

<<<<---------This deer.

Comment

Originally posted by MooseontheLoose View Post
                            <--- Avatar bucks' 2s are 14". The 3 on the right side is right at 13."

No live field pics or video of him on the hoof. When a new deer like that shows up you disregard everything else and just shoot
                            Hes been around and will hopefully be around. He lives in a well secured area.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                              Hes been around and will hopefully be around. He lives in a well secured area.
                              I was talking about my deer, sorry for the confusion.

Yours sounds like a stud though

Comment

Working...
                              X