No announcement yet.

Sam Houston NF 2020-21

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be interesting to run into him now that he's retired and ask what the deal was. Did he think you were an outlaw and he would eventually catch you doing something?

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
      It would be interesting to run into him now that he's retired and ask what the deal was. Did he think you were an outlaw and he would eventually catch you doing something?
      Yep, that is exactly what I think. He would tell me stuff like "You know, if a man walks the same path enough, I could trail him." I usually took different paths to my stand locations because I didn't want to have the deer pattern me anyway. He did know where one of my locations were because he asked me when he and I ran into each other on the interior road. A couple of days later he told me he walked all around my location looking for bait but didn't find any. This was the one time I got pizzed at him and told him he farked up that stand with his stink and I didn't appreciate it. I never minded the cat and mouse game but don't fark up my hunting over it. I didn't hunt that stand for the rest of the year.

Comment

I've been checked by GW Biggerstaff quite a few times through the years and he was always very cordial to me.

Now back to hunting!

We have 4 days until the opener! Who's ready?

Comment

Originally posted by NF HUNTER View Post
          I've been checked by GW Biggerstaff quite a few times through the years and he was always very cordial to me.

Now back to hunting!

We have 4 days until the opener! Who's ready?
          Im ready, weather has me excited. Couldn't bring myself to lose anymore trail cams so hopefully they're still hanging out where I saw signs over the summer. My cameras on my family's property have caught one legal buck and a lot of young bucks

Comment

Never ran into a Game Warden I didn’t like. They are just doing their jobs. And I’m Thankful for them. I Don’t give them a reason to not trust me. I’ve been stoped by many and stopped by some many times. It’s like with cops you give them respect and it’s usually a good interaction unless you are hiding something or they feel that you are hiding something. I grew up hunting at my Grandfathers deer lease and he’d invite them to dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by HotRod Hunter View Post
              Never ran into a Game Warden I didn’t like. They are just doing their jobs. And I’m Thankful for them. I Don’t give them a reason to not trust me. I’ve been stoped by many and stopped by some many times. It’s like with cops you give them respect and it’s usually a good interaction unless you are hiding something or they feel that you are hiding something. I grew up hunting at my Grandfathers deer lease and he’d invite them to dinner.
              yeah, i agree completely. I have no idea why he got so attached to me. I did like the idea that at least one person knew about where I hunted in case something happened to me and that Ol' Alan would know about where to start looking for my carcass.
              I even gave him 4 different baiting areas I came across on my 'between hunts' scouting, over the years. I considered those to be illegal competition and I would bust each and every one with glee. I hate poachers.

Comment

Good luck to everyone going out tomorrow, I was suppose to go squirrel hunting. Family does a big hunt and gumbo cookout party every year opening day of squirrel season but its cancelled for this year. So that being said I probably wont make it out to the family property to bow hunt and will be sitting out at the Sam all day either Saturday or Sunday.

Comment

Anyone camping this year? Going to try and make it if I can get work wrapped up at a decent hour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Y'all post some pics this morning. I'm at work waiting on the relief shift to get in. Atleast we had a good night at work. I'm on the next 3 nights then will get to do a little hunting

Comment

This little spike came in right at first light. He was moving fast but I gave him the old "Baa" and thunk! Double lung and saw him crash! Crazy thing is this is my first deer ever and on public land and with a bow, too stoked! Got checked by the Warden on the way out and it was nice to have someone to show my little spike to. Shoot straight and be safe!
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by arrowsmack324; 10-03-2020, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Very nice. Now, get a 13+ inch buck.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
                          Very nice. Now, get a 13+ inch buck.
                          That's the plan! Ice is broken now I can sit and wait for the biggun!

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                            This little spike came in right at first light. He was moving fast but I gave him the old "Baa" and thunk! Double lung and saw him crash! Crazy thing is this is my first deer ever and on public land and with a bow, too stoked! Got checked by the Warden on the way out and it was nice to have someone to show my little spike to. Shoot straight and be safe!

Congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrat arrowsmack. Thought I had a pig, but he decided to take a detour. But had plenty of squirrels to keep me company all morning.

Comment

Congrats on the spike, He'll be some good eating.

Comment

Working...
                                X