No announcement yet.

Colorado Bend SP Success stories...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the heads up fellas. I'm looking forward to seeing what we can get the kiddo on out there.

Comment

I have hunted Colorado Bend SP two times, both hunted at unit 5. The latest one is last year. There were many deer at unit 5. I saw multiple deer every time I sit in the field. The most challenge you will have is to find a flat / high elevation place that gives you a good view and shooting lanes. I saw some hunters brought tripod stands, it is definitely helpful, but lots of work. They have a fish cleaning station that you can hang, skin and quarter the deer. But there is no light at night. Make sure you bring some good light, or bring your own deer hoist.

Comment

We have lodging set up and it's in a prime location! Thanks, Tim...

Comment

Just getting caught up on this thread. You should have a good hunt no matter what. Will be 10x easier for you to get started in the morning being so close and/or not sleeping in a tent.

Lots of big bucks running around. Just get as far off the trail as you can IMO. I think for regular hunts you can't ask for a compartment but not sure about youth hunts. Use google Earth once they tell you where to hunt and corn out ASAP.

There are reports of a herd of axis a couple miles before the park entrance with at least one big axis buck. Plenty of Aoudad if you get the right area.

Park didn't shoot many deer last year and fawn crop was stupid good so there will be plenty of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            Just getting caught up on this thread. You should have a good hunt no matter what. Will be 10x easier for you to get started in the morning being so close and/or not sleeping in a tent.

Lots of big bucks running around. Just get as far off the trail as you can IMO. I think for regular hunts you can't ask for a compartment but not sure about youth hunts. Use google Earth once they tell you where to hunt and corn out ASAP.

There are reports of a herd of axis a couple miles before the park entrance with at least one big axis buck. Plenty of Aoudad if you get the right area.

Park didn't shoot many deer last year and fawn crop was stupid good so there will be plenty of deer.

Yes sir, and Thank You for allowing us to book lodging! I think he may be just as fired up about that as he is the chance to hunt Colorado Bend.

Comment

I’ll be there 12/1 - 12/4 for antlerless/spike. Never been up there so looking forward to it.

Comment

Just got back from a successful hunt. I got assigned compartment 5. Happy to answer questions if you still have any. Everything I saw out there is covered up in cedar, longest shot possible where I hunted was about 80 yards. Keep the kid quiet, still and hidden and he will connect. Corn helps.

Comment

Originally posted by Hunteraudit View Post
                  Just got back from a successful hunt. I got assigned compartment 5. Happy to answer questions if you still have any. Everything I saw out there is covered up in cedar, longest shot possible where I hunted was about 80 yards. Keep the kid quiet, still and hidden and he will connect. Corn helps.

Heck yeah! I’ll shoot you a message and we can chat about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The boy and I are headed down Sunday afternoon. By pure circumstance, our former neighbor's son was drawn as well. So, we are looking forward to the fellowship. We will be staying at Tim's 587 Ranch HQ just outside the entrance to the State Park. Hopefully we can put these young men on some animals to fill the freezer.

Comment

The boy got it done this evening in compartment 3.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Very nice!!

Comment

Congrats to him and you too Dad!

Comment

Wow super buck

Comment

He did good!! Beautiful buck!!

Comment

Cool deer, congrats!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk