Another example of how tough they are

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another example of how tough they are

Pulled cards today and found one of my better bucks with a hole in his side. It looks like it may be a rifle wound but I don’t really see anything on what would be the entry side. I hope he makes it. I have several pictures of him pacing outside the pen like he wanted it but didn’t want to make the jump.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost looks like a bullet just inside the hide.

Comment

I saw that too but wasn’t sure what I was looking at.

Comment

Yep, mother nature is tough.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My son killed a buck in Runnels Co. several years ago that had a healed wound in that very spot on the same shoulder. There was very little meat on the shoulder, you could see the clavicle bone inder the skin. When we skinned him we found a centerfire .22 bullet smashed on his clavicle. Either a .222, .223, .22-250, or some other .22 that’s a surefire killer.

Comment

Wow

Comment

They are tough critters. Hope he makes it.

Comment

If he makes it will this injury have an impact on his antler growth next season? Or would it need to be a bone injury for that?

Comment

Hope he makes it

Comment

That’s a shame. Looks like someone didn’t use enough gun.

I hope he makes it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I bet he makes it

Comment

I think he will make it as the wound doesn’t look deep. That leg might get atrophy. Could result in an infection and could kill him eventually.
                        If the injury does affect the antlers, more than likely it will be that same left side antler. Typically injuries lower in the legs will affect antler growth.

Comment

Originally posted by txtimetravler View Post
                          I think he will make it as the wound doesn’t look deep. That leg might get atrophy. Could result in an infection and could kill him eventually.
                          If the injury does affect the antlers, more than likely it will be that same left side antler. Typically injuries lower in the legs will affect antler growth.
                          I’m gonna go with it affecting the opposite side. From what I’ve seen, it always affects the opposite side as a wound on the body. I’ve been wrong before though!

Comment

The scapula acted like an armor plate. They are tough critters no doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by LFD2037 View Post
                              I’m gonna go with it affecting the opposite side. From what I’ve seen, it always affects the opposite side as a wound on the body. I’ve been wrong before though!

This is what I have seen too.

Comment

Working...
                              X