No announcement yet.

Keto 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you guys change your weight on your carb manager profile or leave it at your starting weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
      Man is that a controversial topic. Im a coke zero guy. I may have one per day. Sometimes I go days without one. Pros, it does satisfy my urge for something sweet if Im out and about. It will also give me a feeling of fullness for awhile. Down side is the carbonation will keep your stomach stretched out and it will also trigger an insulin response because your brain senses you have had something sweet even though there isnt any sugar in it. For me, I havent seen it have much if any effect on my goals and progress in the past. Someone mentioned Zevias earlier, you may want to give them a try. They are much better for you because they dont have artificial sweetner in them. My wife loves them, I could never develop a taste for them.

I would say if you are having multiple sodas per day, you need to cut that out. I also think it impedes some people's ability to get all of their water in everyday. I try to drink about 90 oz per day to 120 oz of water per day. Drinking water will keep you feeling full and "wash" all of the stuff out of your system.
      You're not kidding. I couldn't understand why some like Stevia or Monk fruit were ok but not others. Once I dove deeper into the research, I don't think there is much to either side. They probably aren't good for you, but nothing seems to be good for you except water, and too much of that can kill you....

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
        I had it once and almost died!!![emoji3061] Lemon and limes and I don't get along either. Just gotta get on this water bandwagon.[emoji120]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
        Non flavored in a GLASS bottle.... Although sometimes I add a squirt of tang flavoring to it.

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
          Do you guys change your weight on your carb manager profile or leave it at your starting weight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Yes, as you lose weight, your macros will change if you want to continue to lose weight. I would recalculate my every 10-15lbs.

Comment

I, like a lot you of, struggle with getting enough water. I just don't like it. Is there anything you guys are adding to your water for a little bit of taste that makes it easier to drink? Don't get me wrong, 3-4 bottles is ok, but then I need something with some flavor.

Comment

Great feedback sir. [emoji106] I have gone to the little cans of coke zero......7 ounces. About 5 or 6 per week,, so not crazy amounts. I hate water.....may need to squirt some no sugar , no carb taste in it. [emoji854]

I am the same way Oscar. I just can’t drink a plain bottle of water. I use the Mio or Walmart brand flavoring. Only way I can get my water

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                Non flavored in a GLASS bottle.... Although sometimes I add a squirt of tang flavoring to it.
                I luv Tang!!![emoji95][emoji106][emoji95]

Comment

Originally posted by huntingfanatic View Post
                  I am the same way Oscar. I just can’t drink a plain bottle of water. I use the Mio or Walmart brand flavoring. Only way I can get my water
                  That's the name I was searching for. I take Mio and Tang on my mountain hunts.[emoji108]

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                    Yep. Glass bottle. I add lime juice, but every now and then I'll make it a Ranch Water and add a shot of tequila - or make it a Beach Water (my name for it) by adding a shot of coconut/vanilla rum.

Originally posted by randtx View Post
                    I, like a lot you of, struggle with getting enough water. I just don't like it. Is there anything you guys are adding to your water for a little bit of taste that makes it easier to drink? Don't get me wrong, 3-4 bottles is ok, but then I need something with some flavor.
                    I add lemon or lime juice to water. Once a day, I mix up some water with a scoop of super food green powder, about 1/2 teaspoon of sea salt, a few drops of iodine, a few drops of Lugol's iodine, a dropper of ionic magnesium, a couple scoops of electrolyte powder, and a teaspoon of cream of tartar (potassium). It's quite a concoction, but it actually tastes pretty good, believe it or not.

Comment

That's the name I was searching for. I take Mio and Tang on my mountain hunts.[emoji108]

If you add the powdered Tang(sugar free) pouch to a Topo Chico bottle it will become a elementary school volcano project!! Learned that on the hard way. The squirt bottle is fine, but it doesn't have the vitamin C like the powder. For the powder, put powder in a glass and SLOWLY pour the TC over it.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        we made this last night, it was awesome, thanks for posting it.

I have been under 20 carbs everyday this week, feel great, can already tell my clothes fit a tad better.
                        Yup, it’s good. It yields quite a bit too....in fact, way too much for just the wife and I. My son and I had it for 2 days afterwards 😂😂

Comment

For those struggling with water in take try the propel water and Lyte body armor drinks.

I am two weeks in and feeling really good. Have not been on a scale so not sure where I am there but the uncontrollable hunger/desire to eat has been eliminated so it's one step in getting to where I need to be. I will start really twicking my diet and get it dialed in this coming week.

Best of luck to all. I will also start sharing some of my meals and hope other do as well as some have already fdome on here. Let's all try to give each other ideas as to different Keto friendly dishes.
                          Last edited by Pedernal; 01-15-2021, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Learned a lesson today! Somehow blew through my allotted protein by lunch today and it’s really hard to get fat or carbs without some protein so I end the day getting only 25% of my carbs and 50% of my fats. Not a big deal on an off day but trying to workout this low on carbs would be a chore

Comment

Originally posted by randtx View Post
                              Dr bergs electrolyte powder- lemon lime or orange flavored, I add it to a big cup of iced topo chico, LeCroix, or any sparkling water. Really tasty. Don’t put powder straight into can or bottle as it will overflow.

Also Nuun electrolyte tablets are good. They have them at academy. They have 1 gram of sugar so don’t drink too many. The mango orange with a strawberry bubbly is really good. Some have caffeine and some don’t just be aware.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                                Learned a lesson today! Somehow blew through my allotted protein by lunch today and it’s really hard to get fat or carbs without some protein so I end the day getting only 25% of my carbs and 50% of my fats. Not a big deal on an off day but trying to workout this low on carbs would be a chore
                                Last year I thought the same thing heading into keto because that had been my experience on my normal eating style. If I got too low on carbs I was dragging during or after my workout. I never experienced that feeling once while on the keto diet and working out. In fact, I even gave up my preworkout drink as I didnt need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X