X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SZientek View Post
    Is blackstone the best?

Are they good for steaks?

I dont know about the best, im sure theres a commercial griddle thats better, but yes its great for steaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I agree with the above statement. I believe it’s better than Academy’s Outdoor Gourmet

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
        I agree with the above statement. I believe it’s better than Academy’s Outdoor Gourmet
        Agree, I have a blackstone 36" and go through spells of cooking 3 or 4 times a week then I'll stop for a few weeks.

Haven't found anything it won't cook.

Fried rice is a favorite.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by TexanDuke View Post
          Cover with a disposable aluminum pan set em on a cooling rack on top of the griddle when finished if need be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          That's a great idea, I'll have to try that next weekend.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SZientek View Post
            Is blackstone the best?

Are they good for steaks?
            Ate my first steak off of pen last week. It was very good

Comment

We have a Blue Rhino, I liked the way the metal cover unfolds, out into two work areas. I got it for my wife. She uses her gas grille to cook dinner fairly often, has for many years. So I thought a griddle would be a great idea for her. Got her one, then she as only used it once, maybe. I use it to cook chorizo, eggs and tortillas. We buy the raw tortillas from HEB, then I cook them on the griddle. I can cook up a half link of chorizo, four eggs and eight tortillas, fast. I got it down. That thing is a breakfast cooking master piece. I have been cooking chorizo and eggs for breakfast for years, then tortillas. It used to be at least a 30 minute process, probably more like 45 minutes to an hour to get everything done, in the kitchen. Now with the griddle, I can have everything done, in probably ten minutes. I love it, I know it's great for cooking other stuff also, but it has turned into my breakfast machine.

The only problem I was having with it, was mice getting on top of the griddle surface, when it was stored, we tried a couple different things. then I came up with the idea of making a wooden box to fill the space up, between the top of the griddle and the bottom of the metal cover. This filler/box thing, completely takes up all the space on top of the griddle. Mouse problem has been cured. The mouse fix, I just designed and came up with the measurements, not much to it. It is taller on the front, than the rear, because the surface of the griddle slopes to the front, I guess for grease drainage. I had a cabinet maker buddy of mine make it for me.

In these pictures, the grease drain pan, is removed, guess I was cleaning it, at the time I took these pictures. I use the grease drain pan as a place to put the egg shells after I have cracked them and I also stuff paper towels I have used to wipe things down as I am cooking.
              Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 04-06-2021, 07:06 AM.

Comment

Anyone ever blackened anything.... like redfish? Used to having use a cast iron.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post
                  Anyone ever blackened anything.... like redfish? Used to having use a cast iron.
                  Yes, it is good for blackening fish.

Comment

Originally posted by dfkoon View Post

Consider it cast iron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Be careful if you really blacken with it. In order to truly cook with the "blackening" process, the griddle will have to be red hot, then drop the cold fillets on it... That steel can and will warp on you if you don't heat the whole griddle evenly, and it might not return to its neutral flat state afterwards. Steel is a LOT different than cast iron, especially that big of a piece of steel as compared to a round cast iron skillet or stove top cast iron griddle.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                        We have a Blue Rhino, I liked the way the metal cover unfolds, out into two work areas. I got it for my wife. She uses her gas grille to cook dinner fairly often, has for many years. So I thought a griddle would be a great idea for her. Got her one, then she as only used it once, maybe. I use it to cook chorizo, eggs and tortillas. We buy the raw tortillas from HEB, then I cook them on the griddle. I can cook up a half link of chorizo, four eggs and eight tortillas, fast. I got it down. That thing is a breakfast cooking master piece. I have been cooking chorizo and eggs for breakfast for years, then tortillas. It used to be at least a 30 minute process, probably more like 45 minutes to an hour to get everything done, in the kitchen. Now with the griddle, I can have everything done, in probably ten minutes. I love it, I know it's great for cooking other stuff also, but it has turned into my breakfast machine.

The only problem I was having with it, was mice getting on top of the griddle surface, when it was stored, we tried a couple different things. then I came up with the idea of making a wooden box to fill the space up, between the top of the griddle and the bottom of the metal cover. This filler/box thing, completely takes up all the space on top of the griddle. Mouse problem has been cured. The mouse fix, I just designed and came up with the measurements, not much to it. It is taller on the front, than the rear, because the surface of the griddle slopes to the front, I guess for grease drainage. I had a cabinet maker buddy of mine make it for me.

In these pictures, the grease drain pan, is removed, guess I was cleaning it, at the time I took these pictures. I use the grease drain pan as a place to put the egg shells after I have cracked them and I also stuff paper towels I have used to wipe things down as I am cooking.

Not a bad idea. I am worried about the same thing happening with the mice and will look to do the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                          Be careful if you really blacken with it. In order to truly cook with the "blackening" process, the griddle will have to be red hot, then drop the cold fillets on it... That steel can and will warp on you if you don't heat the whole griddle evenly, and it might not return to its neutral flat state afterwards. Steel is a LOT different than cast iron, especially that big of a piece of steel as compared to a round cast iron skillet or stove top cast iron griddle.

Good advice.

Comment

I been getting a list rust on mine. It sits in the garage. I thought I seasoned it well enough , but maybe not?

Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by gingib View Post
                              I been getting a list rust on mine. It sits in the garage. I thought I seasoned it well enough , but maybe not?

Any suggestions?

Make sure it stays dry. Especially when you use it last and clean it. Heat that sucker up again to burn off all the moisture. Even a little moisture can cause rust.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                                Make sure it stays dry. Especially when you use it last and clean it. Heat that sucker up again to burn off all the moisture. Even a little moisture can cause rust.
                                Ok. I assume maybe a little moisture from temp changes in the garage based on the weather.

After cooking, what is the best method? Do I leave oil on it after I clean it?

I love my griddle. I bought 2 of them

Comment

Working...
                                X