Late Season Cull Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Late Season Cull Hunt

Last week, it dawned on me that the '20-'21 season was winding down. I hadn't hunted much this year spending most of the year playing "Guide" for Mrs. Kamoman and several newcomers to the sport of hunting. (It was more gratifying having a few newbies up at our lil Hill Country ranch and watching them take their first deer or hog . However, I headed down to South Texas for a cull/doe hunt to put some venison in the freezer. Perched 12' up over some hand corn, I had a few does trickle in as the sun started to fade. A bully 8pt came in and ran everything off the corn and then made the fatal mistake of posing 21 yards in front of me. The ole Creed was dialed in and the Muzzy did its job slicing through him and sticking in the ground after exiting his chest cavity. The track job was short and very easy with the "red line" leading right up to him. Sat morning was cold! As the deer started trickling in in the pre dawn light, I spotted a big mature doe off to my right. She was in perfect position but it seemed like mother nature took forever to "turn the daylight" on , lol. I drew on her and sent an arrow through her left rib cage. She jumped, kicked and then ran a short distance and just stood there. I honestly thought I had missed her until she turned to trot off...and I saw blood pouring out. Whew! I took of my release, hung my bow and just sat back to enjoy the morning when a "test of ethics" occurred. I heard some crunching and looked around to see a very nice and wide 8pt making his way right to me. All I could do was smile an shake my head at this joker as he stood a mere 15 yards in front of me. I estimated him to be 4-4.5 yrs old so he got a pass this year. This (excitement) is what keeps us going, right? Already looking forward to October .

Good Hunting to ya!

K-Man
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Kamoman; 01-10-2021, 11:37 PM. Reason: Sp

Good shooting brother!

Comment

Awesome!

Comment

Good shootin, congrats on the meat haul!

Comment

That’s a heck of a sit!

Comment

Good shooting! Hopefully doing the right thing will pay off and you’ll get that buck when he’s bigger next year.

Comment

Nice!

Comment

Nice job! Big congrats on the bow kills.

Comment

Congrats on the venison.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Late Season Cull Hunt

Great write up, Sir.

Congratulations on a great hunt. And, good on you for sharing your knowledge to the young one’s coming into this sport.

Comment

Congrats on the late season kills. You are right, that deer has a nice rack and worthy of a pass. Glad it was you and not me.

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Working...
                              X