Retirement outside of the US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
    Do y’all plan on taking your guns with you ? Might want to look into that.
    They may have to.......

Comment

currently florida is the plan to escape Texas property tax. Father in law has spent alot of time in both Costa Rica and Panama but prefers Panama. That being said he likes it for the City life he's not an outdoorsman. Fluent in Spanish and has friends there but currently no desire to live there. Our kids are main thing to keep us from going, doubt they would visit much
      Last edited by friscopaint; 01-10-2021, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
        currently florida is the plan to escape Texas property tax
        What !!...................
        Every politician, in the last 60 years, has promised property tax
        reform..............

Comment

Originally posted by sailor View Post
          What !!...................
          Every politician, in the last 60 years, has promised property tax
          reform..............
          And 2 yrs ago they claimed they did and did a big victory lap.......still went up

Comment

I have seriously considering Cozumel or Playa Del Carmen in a few years...cost of living is low and 2 hour flight back to Texas. The more I look at living there the less likely it looks. I like hunting too much. I am now leaning towards buying a condo so I can go for months at a time and renting it out when I am no using it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Roads View Post
              Been looking at a lot of options for retirement. Looking real hard at Costa Rica. Anyone have any real input on this? Might consider some other countries as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post

Sorry...didn’t I think intend to comment.

Comment

currently florida is the plan to escape Texas property tax. Father in law has spent alot of time in both Costa Rica and Panama but prefers Panama. That being said he likes it for the City life he's not an outdoorsman. Fluent in Spanish and has friends there but currently no desire to live there. Our kids are main thing to keep us from going, doubt they would visit much
                  Funny you mentioned property taxes, my uncle just sold his Texas retirement house and is drifting around the redneck Rivera looking at better nesting areas

Comment

I’ve been to many countries including Coasta rica, Cant wait to get back to Texas.

Maybe it’s just me though

Comment

I don't see me giving up my guns either way.. I'm not leaving my family to go to another country.. I'll die in Texas one way or the other..

Comment

If Texas ever became unbearable it'd be a liveaboard boat or a cabin in Southeast Alaska for me.

Comment

Costa Rica has become a huge magnet for American retirees. My uncle has lived in Thailand for the the last several years and loves it.

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                            Funny you mentioned property taxes, my uncle just sold his Texas retirement house and is drifting around the redneck Rivera looking at better nesting areas
                            Same area we're looking

Comment

And 2 yrs ago they claimed they did and did a big victory lap.......still went up
                              Sorry OP.. don't mean to steal........
                              frisco------ sure they did.....
                              the voting public........have short memories......
                              They'll be running on their "tax breaks" next election.........
                              And we'll still be asking..... "What tax breaks".?.........

Comment

Following

Comment

Working...
                                X