How to approach this situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by W E H View Post
    I’m guessing she does not live on the land?

Contract in hand. Have everything done so all she has to do is sign
    Cash (check) for the son to motivate him for her to sign
    Cash (check) at time she signs for deposit and earnest money for her to keep

If those don’t work she’s not interested.
    No nothing on it but an old condemned house.....will be bulldozed

Comment

Hmmm

Comment

Write up a contract and go see her.

Comment

Sounds like you need to make a bluff. Make it a bluff you can crawfish on later if you have to.

Tell them you have "X" dollars right now but need to close while you have the funds. Or that you're looking at another property and need to know if they're serious about selling.

Maybe get a broker to help. Most are good at their jobs. If you hired Chance a year ago he'd be the one doing all the work this entire time. They know when a potential seller needs to be pushed and/or not pushed.

Comment

They may not care about the land, but I can guarantee they care about the price. They are not in any rush to sell it at 'below market value' to someone who will probably just turn around and try and sell it for a large profit- especially when they can just do that themselves.

You want realistic 'market value'- try adding 25-30% to what the land is currently selling for per acre in the area. This will definitely make them jump for the sale. If you can't justify the bump in price, then the land isn't worth it for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              They may not care about the land, but I can guarantee they care about the price. They are not in any rush to sell it at 'below market value' to someone who will probably just turn around and try and sell it for a large profit- especially when they can just do that themselves.

You want realistic 'market value'- try adding 25-30% to what the land is currently selling for per acre in the area. This will definitely make them jump for the sale. If you can't justify the bump in price, then the land isn't worth it for you.
              I don’t overpay for anything......

Comment

why would anyone buy at market price?

Find another piece of land.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                  I don’t overpay for anything......

Comment

Maybe tell the son, youll give him a 1000.00 bucks cash if you can get her to get rolling on the sale

Comment

As stated by a few, I'd draw up the contract and make everything as turn key and easy for them as possible. Then I would try and setup a meeting with the mom, but I'd also offer an invite to the son who has been the middle man. You don't want him to feel like you are trying to take advantage of his mother.

At least on the surface, this sounds more like a motivation issue more than anything. If the mother is financially doing ok, as are the kids, there's probably not a lot of pressure to sell. That's why I'd try and make it as easy and convenient for them as possible.

Be open and honest about how you came to your offer number. There's nothing wrong with offering below market on a deal like this, especially if the buyer is covering all of the closing cost. Heck, the convenience of having a willing buyer and a quick transaction has value in of itself.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainDave View Post
                        As stated by a few, I'd draw up the contract and make everything as turn key and easy for them as possible. Then I would try and setup a meeting with the mom, but I'd also offer an invite to the son who has been the middle man. You don't want him to feel like you are trying to take advantage of his mother.

At least on the surface, this sounds more like a motivation issue more than anything. If the mother is financially doing ok, as are the kids, there's probably not a lot of pressure to sell. That's why I'd try and make it as easy and convenient for them as possible.

Be open and honest about how you came to your offer number. There's nothing wrong with offering below market on a deal like this, especially if the buyer is covering all of the closing cost. Heck, the convenience of having a willing buyer and a quick transaction has value in of itself.
                        Exactly how I feel.....

They are not wealthy but doing very well....

The son only interest is drones and computers.....he couldn’t care less about the place....
                        I even offered to pick him up and go look at the place...and he said nah I don’t need to....gave me the gate info....

It is complete lack of motivation.....

I am gonna spend a little money and get everything in order and knock on his door.....

Comment

Sounds like you made em a nice offer. Go to the title company and pick up the paperwork and make em a written offer. Not much more you can do after that but wait.

Comment

And one more thing. How do I get this dang avatar turned the right way?!

Comment

Here ya go.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Dang it! That’s just wrong. Picture of my dad.

Comment

Working...
                                X