Announcement

Collapse

TBH Maintenance

Ongoing TBH Website maintenance this evening. Your TBH visit may not be optimal during this service window.
See more
See less

In need of a new place for sausage making

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you guys just having regular sausage made, or jalapeno/cheese? I'd sure like to get me a bunch of jalapeno/cheese sausage made. We make steaks, roasts, and grind the rest. I bet I can come up with a critter in the next little bit. If Mary shoots that giant she's looking for he might better go into sausage.

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
      R&D Processing on Treswuig in Spring Texas. Just down the street from the original Carters Country. They also give back to YOUTH hunting locally and support the Star of Hope Homeless Shelter every year with processing confiscated and donated deer. Heck Charlie, if you don't like what they give you I will transfer to you another deer to take it somewhere else. (We have 34 MLD tags to fill in earnest starting in January.)
      This, I use to use Allen's in Huffman but switched to R&D about 5 years ago.

Comment

County line is good.

Comment

I just dropped off my meat at C&D about 4:30. He’s gonna grind it tonight. Stuff n smoke it tomorrow. Will be ready on Friday!! Hard to beat that!

Comment

Originally posted by dbaio1 View Post
            This, I use to use Allen's in Huffman but switched to R&D about 5 years ago.
            Wow! That’s a pretty strong endorsement! Other than my own sausage, I’ve never had any smoked sausage any better than Allen’s!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
              Hey thanks for the offer Oscar!! We have tags to fill too... probably not that many as we've killed our does, but them bad ol simmer bucks gotta go too... We gonna start gettin' after 'em this week while we wait on a big ol ruttin' South Texas monster to step out...
              I figured as much Charlie![emoji106] I may head out tomorrow to thwack a few slick heads.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

My son got some D&C product from a friend and it was delicious.

Comment

J&W in Crockett is great

Comment

Hey gang,
                    My long time guy has retired (Allen's Sausage Kitchen) and I am in need of someone to take my boned out meat and whip out some sausage and burger.
                    Allen gave me three places in the area that I might try.
                    County Line in Porter
                    D&C in New Caney
                    Overalls in New Caney
                    Anyone have any feedback on any/all of these? ... good, bad, whatever would be appreciated.
                    Thanks!
                    Allen’s ....was he in Huffman...if that’s who I am thinking about, dang he was a strange dude....but made great sausage

Comment

Flemmings in Montgomery does a great job. I love their tenderized fajita meat.

Comment

Went by Praseks in Wharton for the first time in years....man that place got big...he has expanded a lot....
                        I use to work with his brother for years....good stuff

Comment

Oh man, y'all makin' this hard!! Capt. I go thru Hardin all the time... most of the time my truck won't pass up Los Compadres!!
                          Good chance we have crossed paths Charlie, pre covid we were regulars, still go through the drive through and.pick up to go orders. It's about 2 miles to the house from there.

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Kevin View Post
                            Are you guys just having regular sausage made, or jalapeno/cheese? I'd sure like to get me a bunch of jalapeno/cheese sausage made. We make steaks, roasts, and grind the rest. I bet I can come up with a critter in the next little bit. If Mary shoots that giant she's looking for he might better go into sausage.

I get jalapeño and cheese smoked sausage from D&C. It’s some of the best I’ve had anywhere

Comment

Y’all are making me want to take all my deer to D&C instead of Moyes in Livingston

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Allen’s was awesome! I had Overall’s and it was very good. There is a place in Winnie that makes real good sausage. I msgd a friend to get the name.

Comment

Working...
                                X