20-21 Official Duck Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

20-21 Official Duck Thread

Went to Justin Hurst this morning, first time I can remember 44 tags handed out at the gate on a Tuesday. I was about 12th drawn (Mad island and JH are lottery now not first come first serve) and all the paddle in spots were taken.

Decided tacos and bed was better then walking, might go back Thursday and try again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Always fun when you can walk in on public and shoot some stud birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dern guess I need to focus further south again!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
          I’m going this weekend if anyone would like to ride pm me has a good time hunting with some new people last weekend
          whats your location?

Comment

Thinking of trying out granger this weekend and taking out the kayak. Literally have no clue what I am doing, super noob to duck duck hunting but want to try it out. Fingers crossed.

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
              whats your location?
              The coast this weekend

Comment

Originally posted by NeKro View Post
                Thinking of trying out granger this weekend and taking out the kayak. Literally have no clue what I am doing, super noob to duck duck hunting but want to try it out. Fingers crossed.

Granger is the place for you! [emoji3]
                Try to get there right at shooting light and head toward the area where you saw someone set up. They are super friendly out there, just move down the bank 50 yards. Even better if there are multiple groups in an area. It means someone scouted and the ducks are there. Set up between the groups. The more the merrier I always say.

Comment

Originally posted by basschump View Post
                  Granger is the place for you! [emoji3]
                  Try to get there right at shooting light and head toward the area where you saw someone set up. They are super friendly out there, just move down the bank 50 yards. Even better if there are multiple groups in an area. It means someone scouted and the ducks are there. Set up between the groups. The more the merrier I always say.

Lol. Yes duck hunters are a welcoming a group always looking to help our new hunters.....[emoji23][emoji23] I have been living in SE Texas for 9 years and still can’t find anyone willing to help a rookie out so I just gave up trying. I don’t have the time to learn and also don’t want to be the noobie upsetting everyone by making mistakes.

Comment

Quick 4 man limit this morning.

Comment

Originally posted by TX CHICKEN View Post
                      Lol. Yes duck hunters are a welcoming a group always looking to help our new hunters.....[emoji23][emoji23] I have been living in SE Texas for 9 years and still can’t find anyone willing to help a rookie out so I just gave up trying. I don’t have the time to learn and also don’t want to be the noobie upsetting everyone by making mistakes.

Couple buddies hunted granger earlier in the week by walking in. Said there were a decent amount of birds on the lake.

Comment

Originally posted by 97JeepGuy View Post
                        Couple buddies hunted granger earlier in the week by walking in. Said there were a decent amount of birds on the lake.

There’s no ducks at Granger.

Comment

Going to attempt a Wood duck hunt in the morning and then back up north for the weekend!

Comment

Another hunt in the timber 3 gads and 2 woodies.

Comment

Originally posted by G5-Maniac View Post

Another hunt in the timber 3 gads and 2 woodies.

Ole kimber is doing great!

Comment

Originally posted by Buck hunter332 View Post
                                The coast this weekend
                                nice, having our thanksgiving dinner this weekend since i work on thanksgiving so just a little too far to make it back in time to smoke the turkey. Hopefully one day we can get together.

Comment

Working...
                                X