1947 International KB5 Frame Swap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
    This is very saddening, should have sold the whole truck to someone else and let them restore it. Makes no sense to put it on a Dakota frame, putting that old body on a Dodge 1 ton dually frame would have been bad, but a Dakota? I refuse to what any of those shows where they butcher up old cars, saying they are customizing them, acting like they are making them better.

I can see doing a brake upgrade, maybe adding power steering for the wimps and a few other modern upgrades. I have seen so many, where someone has really Fed up some cool old vehicles.

LOL! Always one in the bunch. Who cares how he rocks it.... Funny how some think “original” is the only way to go and talk trash to anyone doing anything other than that. They forget that if you weren’t doing this, it would be rusting in a field somewhere...

Keep on doing what you are doing! Anxious to see the progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great choice for seats... Love this project!!!

Comment

July 4th of 2016 I bought it out of a field on an old farm with the goal of having it drivable for the local rat rod show on Labor Day of that year. The engine was stuck, the tranny was stuck, no brakes, no bed, etc. I hammered it out and drove it the 70 miles to the show. Now, it just sits. Not enough time for everything.
        Attached Files

Comment

I hope to have this one ready to drive when I retire. Definately a frame swap going to happen here.
          Attached Files

Comment

This is very saddening, should have sold the whole truck to someone else and let them restore it. Makes no sense to put it on a Dakota frame, putting that old body on a Dodge 1 ton dually frame would have been bad, but a Dakota? I refuse to what any of those shows where they butcher up old cars, saying they are customizing them, acting like they are making them better.

I can see doing a brake upgrade, maybe adding power steering for the wimps and a few other modern upgrades. I have seen so many, where someone has really Fed up some cool old vehicles.
            Your criticism and disappointment has been taken into consideration and discarded.
            Thank you for your input.

Comment

I am shocked you could find criticism for this effort. I am completely impressed with the restoration and can't find any basis for your complete lack of support. What have you done in this arena? I'll bet nothing.

Comment

That is an awesome truck, Oneeye! Really like that--and the story! That panel truck is cool.
                Yeah, no sweat about critics--I have had several old cars, 1942 Willys, 1955 Plymouth, and others. This is my first frame swap and really enjoying it--mostly. I do admire the old cars that are restored, it just isnt in my bank account to do that.
                About got the last rear cab mount put in this week. Will move on to the dash next! Gotta figure out my gauge cluster.....

Comment

Yep, can't let the haters get to you. I'm currently piecing together a 1922 Dodge Brothers roadster. Lots of thinking, engineering and making mismatched parts work so the progress is slow. If I ever do finish it, I won't care what anybody else thinks about it because I built it for me.

Comment

Originally posted by oneeye View Post
                    ...because I built it for me.
                    This right there! ^^^

Comment

Originally posted by kmack View Post
                      This right there! ^^^
                      Yep--that is the only reason I keep going.

Got the last cab mount bracket installed this evening. Hoping to work on the gauge cluster tomorrow.

Comment

Some peoples kids.

Good luck OP, enjoy YOUR build

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

We're talking a 60+ year old truck with zero parts availability, not some run of the mill Ford/Chevy being chopped up like all the others. Even then, it's YOUR build to do what YOU want. As an IH scout owner/fanatic I love seeing people keep this old orphaned iron on the road by any means possible. I saw a 50's International pickup in Columbus this weekend someone had swapped onto a 1 ton 4x4 diesel. It looked sweet in a Mad Max kind of way.

Comment

Never miss a chance to keep stupid assed opinions to yourself.

Comment

This is a sweet build, that thing will be one of a kind and coooool when its road ready.

Comment

Here is a shot under the hood. Just the dodge 5.2l V8, auto trans, all squeezed in under the hood.

Comment

Working...
                                X