Need to vent just a little

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need to vent just a little

My aunt and uncle are elderly and in bad health. Auntie has severe back pain (broken back) which is debilitating even with a surgically implanted device to block pain. A while back she had fallen in her closet and had remained there a while because she couldn’t get up on her own. Here recently she said that she’d been unable to go shopping for groceries or leave the house at all for three weeks. Church people have been assisting with mowing the lawn and bringing meals. Uncle isn’t doing well either. He was found passed out on the floor. Auntie thought he was dead when she found him because his lips were purple and he was foaming at the mouth. He was totally unresponsive and so she called for an ambulance.

So now he’s in the hospital with kidney issues and more. They have two spoiled, adult sons that the parents overindulged on as kids. As a result it caused the sons to be extremely self centered. Even so, you’d think the sons and their wives would be driving or flying in to assist the parents who are both stuck at the hospital. No way Jose! The sons and daughter in laws don’t have time to be bothered with such trivial things. Cabo San Lucas is calling their names so they’re off to party down there for several days. They had originally planned to dump the kids off at the grandparents’ house. My guess is they’ll still put the kids on a flight to the grandparents even with them in the hospital.

Unfortunately, some people think that way. I erase them from my life.

When my wife was in hospice and then in the last two weeks of life her sister didn’t come to see her. She was busy with kids sports and couldn’t leave them at home alone. Adios mofos.

Comment

You can’t fix stupid brother. Someday those chickens will come home to roost. Listen to the song by Cat Stevens. Somebody correct me if I’m wrong but I think it’s called Cats in a Cradle.
      This is a real sore spot for me. My sister treated our parents very badly in their last years. She wanted them to “divest themselves” of their life savings, give it to us, and live off of social security. That’s my father I’m my avatar by the way. She/they were real pieces of work.
      I tried to let me hire someone to help my dad but he wasn’t down with it so he was mommas primary care giver the last eight years of his life. I would come over and clean the house , mow the lawn, pick up their prescriptions, and cook meals large enough for em to eat off of for several days. All this while working and caring for our own special needs son.
      I was so happy to do this for my folks. One day my dad did what I asked him not to do. He mowed the back yard. He finished the job, had a massive heart attack and died at 88 in their backyard. Momma didn’t even know it. She was in beginning stages of dementia.
      This is only a small sampling of what this woman did to them over the course of a lifetime. I miss my folks daily and can’t wait to see em again.
      In the end my my mother wrote my sister out of her will. She got what she gave. Nothing.
      There is a movie on Netflix or prime called “I Really Care” or something like that. You will be so ****** off in the first part. Just give it a minute.
      You’re a good nephew bro. Do what you can. Love em while they are here. You will reap ten fold what you see.

Comment

Sound like some real winners (cousins and sister)

Comment

Don’t mean to sound harsh but you get out of your kids what you put into your kids.

Comment

Working...
          X