How deep is mission & Guadalupe bay ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How deep is mission & Guadalupe bay ?

I got a buddy who owns some land on those bays and trespassers keep cutting his fences on the water side to hunt and fish his property, and they keep breaking In to the house ( it’s really in bad shape now ) , I am wondering if we can barge in some pipe and build something that will stop some of the trespassing , he put in a heavy pipe gate on the levee road and stoped some of the problems.
    He lives in North Carolina right now so gets pretty POd when people trash the place , his uncle died and no one else can keep a eye on it ?
    Are those bays deep enough? I think they are pretty shallow and full of oyster reefs?
    Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 09-13-2021, 08:34 PM.

I’m 100% game to try!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just tell him to go down to Seadrift, walk into the lodge and tell them to stop…..

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
        Just tell him to go down to Seadrift, walk into the lodge and tell them to stop…..

Ouch

Comment

Its a shame people are trashing the place. You are saying people fishing his property but if they can access it by boat its legal. Guadalupe bay is full of drains I can take my El Pescador up a good ways. Its public waterway- its really sad people are getting on private property but he can not block access to a navigational waterway
          Last edited by glen; 09-13-2021, 08:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            Its a shame people are trashing the place. You are saying people fishing his property but if they can access it by boat its legal. Guadalupe bay is full of drains I can take my El Pescador up a good ways. Its public waterway- its really sad people are getting on private property but he can not block access to a navigational waterway
            Yeah I have no idea on the legality of the wet parts of his place it’s
            A swampy area , he should lease it to someone and let them deal with the property when he is out of state. At least they could keep a eye on things?

Comment

Those bays are shallow, does not surprise me he is having problems with poachers or trespassers in that area. Informing the sheriff's department and the local game wardens would probably be one of the best things to do.

If he is a good buddy, does he let you go out there? If so, someone going out there and checking on the place regularly, will likely result in someone eventually getting caught. Probably not everyone using the place, but at least some of them.

Cell phone cameras placed in area where he knows there are people coming in and out of the property, then around the house, would be a good idea.

Comment

Working...
              X