anyone grill on a rocket stove ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anyone grill on a rocket stove ?

looking for recommendations , got plenty of mesquite and oak at the ranch to feed a rocket stove . I was thinking about buying a kit to weld myself .. i have a mig with bottle. questions are , has anyone used one of these to grill on ? or is it just to heat pots and such ? and if you do and bought a kit, are there any kit you'd recommend ?

just looking for an easy way to cook me some meat when I'm at the ranch by myself and don't want to use my big grill and a ton of charcoal.

any input appreciated .
    thanks

wow ! nobody ?

Comment

I would imagine it’d be hot and fast. Like a rocket. Thinner cuts quick

Comment

What’s a rocket stove ?

Comment

They look pretty cool, have a buddy in west texas that carries one to the rigs with him.

He has a disc on top the he Sears everything with, seems to work pretty dang we

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If this is what it is, I'm sure you could grill just fine with one. Not sure how it's more expedient than a little webber though? I can go from zero to grilling in 10 minutes using 10 pieces of charcoal, lighter fluid and some dry mesquite on one.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Sackett View Post
              If this is what it is, I'm sure you could grill just fine with one. Not sure how it's more expedient than a little webber though? I can go from zero to grilling in 10 minutes using 10 pieces of charcoal, lighter fluid and some dry mesquite on one.

If this is what the OP is talking about then I’d use a Webber instead too

Comment

Yeah, but rocket stove sounds muey better than little weber

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

the advantage is you just put in a little wood down the shute... I have an endless supply of mesquite , and just got my argon bottle swapped out for my welder , thinking of making one of these for when i'm solo at the ranch and don't want to fire up the bigger grill...

i've seen plenty of people using these to boil water and cook in pans , but not so much for grilling meat which is what i like to do at the ranch, simple quick meal ..

next is which kit to buy ...

Comment

You could use bricks for making one. Plenty of YT videos on construction. Some seem kinda small but could easily be expanded. Most fuel feeder holes are oriented horizontally.

The rocket grill Sackett posted...Id be worried about the fire shooting out the fuel feeder tube since its a bit vertically oriented.

Dont use cinder blocks. They crack under the heat.

Good luck Mama.
                    Last edited by Briar Friar; 05-31-2021, 10:14 AM. Reason: SwapVerticalHorizontalSpake

Comment

Working...
                    X