Wow. Fixing that boost leak was a game changer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow. Fixing that boost leak was a game changer

The 2003 F 250 I bought has been a slug but it still towed everything hood enough Ish. Well I searched around for the boost leak today and that coupler that I thought it probably was sure enough had a hole in it. This things like a race car now. What a pleasant surprise!

I like this truck.

Maybe I should have a look at mine. Goes down the road fine but once you step on the peddle it acts like a gas rig with half the spark plugs fouled out. Thinking I've got some bad injectors but will check turbo items- may get lucky.

Comment

which coupler? Are you referring to the rubber boot?

Comment

Yessir. From the turbo outlet to the hard piping.

Related question. Getting squeaking from left front brakes on decel at low speeds. Bought some new pads to throw in it but the ones that are in it are brand new. What is causing the squeaks?

Comment

As you said it is a 2003 the calipers could be failing. I have changed about all of mine by now in my 2000.

Comment

How would a failing caliper squeak/squeal?

Comment

I have heard wheel bearings squeak and squeal when the load changes(typically when braking or turning). So it could be that instead of your brakes.

Comment

I was thinking that too. Gah I hate working on vehicles any more. But thank God I can.

Comment

Working...
                X