Cost of Shipping Ammo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost of Shipping Ammo

Does anybody know the approximate cost to ship a case of rifle ammo (200 rounds) through UPS or Fedex? I am looking for the correct way, not just stick it in a “If it fits it ships box” and send it. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its going to depend on the weight.

Figure that out and check out the carriers' estimate shipping rates.

Factor in the distance.

I got a Team Lead in Mexico that likes to bass fish. Wanted to ship him some stuff I have but it would be cheaper to just send him some money to go buy it there already.

Comment

I use the UPS flat rate. I sent 500rds of 5.56 to the NE area of the country for around $21

Comment

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
        I use the UPS flat rate. I sent 500rds of 5.56 to the NE area of the country for around $21

That’s not bad! Was it declared as ammo? I’m new to this

Comment

Flat rate box is the way I do it. They have never asked me if it’s ammo

Comment

Originally posted by DedDucks View Post
            That’s not bad! Was it declared as ammo? I’m new to this

Yes, you have to schedule a pickup at your house or take to a UPS facility. You cannot use the UPS store. You print out a small white/black diamond indicating it is hazardous. You can use the box you have, it just has to be within the weight and size range for their flat rate. It is pretty easy. You will need an account with UPS though, but it can be setup in seconds.

Comment

Yes, you have to schedule a pickup at your house or take to a UPS facility. You cannot use the UPS store. You print out a small white/black diamond indicating it is hazardous. You can use the box you have, it just has to be within the weight and size range for their flat rate. It is pretty easy. You will need an account with UPS though, but it can be setup in seconds.

That is what I have researched and read. It is in a small box that it came to me in with the white and black diamond already. I just don’t know what to expect price wise. I will try and make an account before I go up to the UPS hub. Thanks for your help.

Comment

If you go to the UPS hub you may not need an account. The account was needed to print a shipping label and schedule a pickup. Good luck

Comment

If you go to the UPS hub you may not need an account. The account was needed to print a shipping label and schedule a pickup. Good luck
                  Sorry to bring up this old thread but I need to ship some ammo. Am I reading correctly that there isn't an additional charge for shipping ammo, it just has to go UPS ground, have the correct label, and don't use UPS stores? Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks

Comment

That is it. The black diamond label and an account at ups or drop at a facility

Comment

Working...
                    X