Should I slime tractor tires

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should I slime tractor tires

In the past we have always filled tractor tires with slime and had a pretty good results. Is there any reason not to put slime in a tractor tire? Just purchased a new tractor and figured I would ask.

I still slime tractors, lawn mowers and atvs

Comment

Gemplers sell a product called Ultraseal that exponentially better than slime. It’s saved me a ton of down time.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
        Gemplers sell a product called Ultraseal that exponentially better than slime. It’s saved me a ton of down time.
        I’ll have to check with the local tire shop and see what brand they carry!

Comment

I Slime everything

Comment

If you have good luck with it then why not. Me personally I change all my own atv size tires myself and will never put slime in a tire. Huge mess to clean up and I have never had good luck with it. Good luck

Comment

Depends on what tractor. Lots of times tractor tires will be filled with water for extra weight. Doubt slime would do any good.

Comment

I would put the slime in the fronts. They are the ones that normally give the trouble if you have it. Kubota used to make a product that is fantastic, expensive but very effective.

Comment

Probably won’t do any good. Usually much larger objects cause tractor tire to go flat.

Comment

Went ahead and slimed em, had local tire shop fill with ultra seal, cost me $330, no flats this weekend, we will see!

Comment

Multiseal is a company near The Woodlands that makes tire sealants with Kevlar for different applications such as tractors, trailers, UTVs/ATVs, etc. Might look into their products as they are supposed to be much more effective and longer lasting than Slime.
                      Last edited by famousunknown; 09-28-2021, 07:28 PM.

Comment

Slime is pretty much worthless in my experience.

MultiSeal works, even in tires filled with water.

Comment

Kubota markets a good sealer. I'm sure it's also sold under other brand names. It won't "spoil" like green slime does, and will repair a MUCH larger puncture. You can see a video on it, and that video is real, the stuff works. I use in it tractor and sxs tires.

Comment

I did foam filled on my 65 hp kioti , expensive and well worth it if you shred in south or west Texas

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                              Went ahead and slimed em, had local tire shop fill with ultra seal, cost me $330, no flats this weekend, we will see!
                              Did they have to clean the slime out before they put Ultraseal in?

Comment

Working...
                              X