This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
    Evidentially BoB’s Saturday’s revolve around what some 20 year old is doing….EVEN during hunting season

Is bob short for “Buffalo bill”?

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
      So college football is more important than hunting for you guys? That seems weird on a hunting website.........

Hell no...you see my posts...

But I do like to watch it in between hunts.
      Last edited by Smart; 09-20-2021, 07:31 PM.

Comment

So college football is more important than hunting for you guys? That seems weird on a hunting website.........
        I assure you I will be hunting! Maybe fishing. ESPN has a scoreboard.

Comment

Hunting and fishing will always trump college football for me.

Comment

Clemson has a RB entering the portal and list a DT to a torn bicep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Passthrough View Post
              Evidentially BoB’s Saturday’s revolve around what some 20 year old is doing….EVEN during hunting season
              Correct for the most part. Texas football is king. Surely it's not hard to figure out you can hunt morning and evening and still watch football?

I have 3 low fence no protein bow kill 150s on the wall. I doubt I'll beat that on our place. Ever heard of trail cams? Plus I can hunt Sunday-Friday and shoot a doe. If that 3 hours on Saturday ruins my chances then oh well.

You people are weird.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
              Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 09-20-2021, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
                Correct for the most part. Texas football is king. Surely it's not hard to figure out you can hunt morning and evening and still watch football?

I have 3 low fence no protein bow kill 150s on the wall. I doubt I'll beat that on our place. Ever heard of trail cams? Plus I can hunt Sunday-Friday and shoot a doe. If that 3 hours on Saturday ruins my chances then oh well.

You people are weird.

Lol...

I will nix an afternoon hunt from time to time if the weather sucks, in favor of a good football game. I'm not as serious a CFB fan as you are....and I agree, there's a lot of time to hunt. All depending on what's being seen, what's on camera, and what my son/wife want to do of course!

Comment

I’m with Bob. I’ll miss an afternoon hunt for an Aggie game. There are plenty of days of the week not called Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

2021 College Football - Week 4

I have bow-hunted since I was 6 but there was still an excitement when the general opener came every year. Half a day out of school on Friday and usually a sick day on Monday. Meeting up with family and other hunters the night before. Sharing the anticipation of the hunt that would start the next day. Listening to my grampa talk about. The old days. The hiss of a couple Coleman lanterns. I don’t know that it is MLD that changed that or the speed at which we do things now. The other commitments, always in a hurry and people just can’t or don’t get together for that special day.

Comment

Playoff prediction.....we will either have a 1st time " small school " playoff team ( Cincinnati) OR

a 2 loss team in the playoff

We all know they dont want a team like CIN winning it all somehow

Comment

Originally posted by gtsticker View Post
                        I have bow-hunted since I was 6 but there was still an excitement when the general opener came every year. Half a day out of school on Friday and usually a sick day on Monday. Meeting up with family and other hunters the night before. Sharing the anticipation of the hunt that would start the next day. Listening to my grampa talk about. The old days. The hiss of a couple Coleman lanterns. I don’t know that it is MLD that changed that or the speed at which we do things now. The other commitments, always in a hurry and people just can’t or don’t get together for that special day.

I think you posted in the wrong thread. The MLD thread is that way—>[emoji12][emoji23]

Comment

In case you missed it from the Classifieds.

I am selling my 4 season tickets to Texas / Tech in the South End Zone. They are Section 17, Row 36 and I have the 4 seats on the aisle. Great view of the game and you have the new North End Zone Screen right in front of you as well. The tickets are easy for me to transfer from my phone to yours for Game Day. $250 for all 4 tickets.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            Playoff prediction.....we will either have a 1st time " small school " playoff team ( Cincinnati) OR

a 2 loss team in the playoff

We all know they dont want a team like CIN winning it all somehow

It’s possible Cincinnati gets in, but they’d need a lot of help.

Notre Dame has looked beatable by mediocre teams thus far. They’d need to survive Wisconsin this week and then Cincinnati would need to beat the pants off them next week. Notre Dame win out “convincingly” and Cincinnati do the same. Then, maybe, they get in.

I still don’t know about a 2 loss team. I think you’re looking at Oregon (UCLA is the only team in their way from an undefeated season), Penn State/Iowa/Michigan (whoever comes out of the Big Ten), Oklahoma (if undefeated), SEC champ. If Oklahoma picks up a loss or two, then I think you see two teams from the SEC in the playoff.

Comment

2 loss team in?

Wooo hooo. Let's go Horns. Lol.

Comment

Did the Aggie/Arky line open at -10 Ags?

The Texas/Tech line has moved from Texas -10 to -8.5
                                Last edited by Chad C; 09-21-2021, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X