Why in East Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
    1. The way you curtail that is friends and family shoot off your allotment.
    2. Timber company land is not a ranch.
    3. Many new members are too lazy to scout out their own areas. They depend on a friend or family member on the place to help them out.
    4. It’s all about age and nutrition. Bucks have to be a minimum of 4.5 y o on our E Tx lease. Maybe you shouldn’t put everyone in the same category. I have seen big 150’s, 160’s, and 170’s come off our club.

5. Exaggerate much?
    Sometimes but I put smiles 😁when I do!

Comment

You nailed it OP go south or north

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Yep! Far from East Texas as you can get! Drive....drive some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          Yep! Far from East Texas as you can get! Drive....drive some more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          If you drive NW of Easttex and then you drive some more that is where the best Woolli beavers are and you get thousands of acres to chase em on too!

Comment

Originally posted by crowmagnum View Post
            If you drive NW of Easttex and then you drive some more that is where the best Woolli beavers are and you get thousands of acres to chase em on too!
            But then you can’t use a powerful super duper spotlight to hunt with no mo.

Comment

One place I was on I had to explane to the president how he just broke the law "in front of me and he needed to give me my money back NOW"
              He did.

The one after that by opening day I knew I was never going to hunt there...................................
              Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 09-20-2021, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post

Yep it's crazy in east Texas. I'm looking for land in Ok right now

Comment

Deep East Texas is full of mysteries.
                  Why do you need a flea market and one room church on every block?
                  Why would you announce who is in the hospital on the radio? (in West Texas everyone knows who is in the hospital before they are admitted.)
                  I once got so deep that the only radio station played Roy Orbison all the time broken up every once in a while by some recorded call letters.

Comment

It’s starting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      5. Exaggerate much?
                      He’s not exaggerating. It’s a reference to a post made on the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                        He’s not exaggerating. It’s a reference to a post made on the other thread.
                        Lol!You coined a new saying here Fishindude!Kinda like the 278 mentioned here alot😁

Comment

I don’t think the OP is saying there are no big deer in East Texas, but a lot of timber leases from what I have seen on FB and advertised elsewhere have a bunch of hunters for a very low cost per hunter. 50 ppl on 5000 acres I a lot. 50 personalities and their families is a lot.

If the hunting is so great in East Texas why do all the Houston and surrounding areas Drive west or south to hunt?!?! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaMountain View Post
                            Someone experienced in East TX and NE TX hunting once described a less than memorable hunt on public land decades ago. This person went with his relative to rifle hunt deer on opening morning. He said that when the first thing resembling a deer stepped out into the open in the light, an eruption of gunfire rang out from numerous positions. He and his relative promptly ended that hunt and immediately left for good.
                            I remember my uncle telling a story similar to this about public land around Maydelle back in the 80's. A spike walked out and several people shot. I remember him saying a hunter was hit with a stray bullet, but I don't remember if it was fatal. Back then a moster buck was a one year old basket 6.

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                              Not all ET leases are like that.

Some produce deer that rival anywhere in the state.

If you can consistently kill big deer in ET then you can kill deer anywhere
                              When you say, "If yo can consistently kill big deer in east Texas", do you mean legally kill them or just have the ability to kill them? Are you talking with a gun, bow or a truck?

Comment

Originally posted by jason86 View Post

If the hunting is so great in East Texas why do all the Houston and surrounding areas Drive west or south to hunt?!?! Lol
                                Not all do.

Both of my brothers have been hunting out near Votaw for a while with pretty decent success while taking respectable deer. And as many hogs as they care to of course.

A few people we’ve hunted with for years are on that same lease and have also been successful. We’ve known them for years and hunted the same places, from Llano and San Saba to the old Bob Smith Ranch off of 7 east of Centerville.

True east Texas is different hunting. From our experience, you definitely have to bust it and put a little extra time in but it can pay off.

Comment

Working...
                                X