My beautiful wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
    I’m glad I started the post (although I was two margaritas deep and a little bummed). Glad to see the beautiful faces! Keep on loving your families!

I don’t want to live in a world where a man can’t have a few drinks, miss the love of his life and share it with his friends. I’m glad you started this post too, buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am so sorry for those of you who have lost your spouses. Tomorrow is not promised. Heck! Neither is today.

I have said that there is nothing better than a happy marriage, and we have been blessed more than we deserve! Together for 57 years; married for 53!

Speaking of margaritas:

Click image for larger version

Name:	95FABCBF-CB21-4C21-8187-8E930CE59F94.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	91.8 KB
ID:	24662219
      Last edited by Burnadell; 09-18-2021, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
          I don’t want to live in a world where a man can’t have a few drinks, miss the love of his life and share it with his friends. I’m glad you started this post too, buddy!

Amen Curt!

I’m sorry for those of you that have lost a spouse. I’d be a wreak without mine. She’s the rock of our family. Celebrating 10 years in October and she’s blessed us with 3 lovely kids. The most recent this August.

Comment

Mine ran off with some other SOB after 24 years. I raised two of hers and two of ours.

I got burned - quarter million in losses - never remarried.

There are times when - crime and spouse - and all things BS - turns one into me.

Let's just say - I do what I want and so many of them - want in on my scene.

NOPE DONE WITH IT ALL!

Not my desire but - life moves on.

OK with the kids but, her's are tied to their biological father - after our divorce - so there was a blessing in disguise.

Sucks - but thank goodness the baby was 11 grade - 10 years ago.

Not what it's all up to be when one - takes advantage of all - and the damages - last a lifetime.

Zero Communication from me to her. No sense in dealing with BS - path of less resistance.

Relish what you have - I will add to Burndadell's comment - even the so called PERFECT MARRIAGE - CAN COME OFF THE RAILS UNEXPECTEDLY - LIVE WITH THE PLAN SHE IS ADIOS TOMORROW

Just my .2

Going from the perfect family setting at Christmas - after 24 years - raising a herd in the process and then going to ALONE with them - still having Holidays.

SUCKS!

But I dive in with those friends and family members - who don't dwell on anything but - NOW

God Bless you and your Wife - this is how it should be. From beginning to end - dedication.

Chivalry and Moral Compass is alive and well with many couples and families - the begin to end - marriage - my Ex and I come from parents who met - raised and died married together.

Apparently MY B didn't get THAT MEMO?

Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-18-2021, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AtTheWall View Post
              Mine ran off with some other SOB after 24 years. I raised two of hers and two of ours.

I got burned - quarter million in losses - never remarried.

There are times when - crime and spouse - and all things BS - turns one into me.

Let's just say - I do what I want and so many of them - want in on my scene.

NOPE DONE WITH IT ALL!

Not my desire but - life moves on.

OK with the kids but, her's are tied to their biological father - after our divorce - so there was a blessing in disguise.

Sucks - but thank goodness the baby was 11 grade - 10 years ago.

Not what it's all up to be when one - takes advantage of all - and the damages - last a lifetime.

Zero Communication from me to her. No sense in dealing with BS - path of less resistance.

Relish what you have - I will add to Burndadell's comment - even the so called PERFECT MARRIAGE - CAN COME OFF THE RAILS UNEXPECTEDLY - LIVE WITH THE PLAN SHE IS ADIOS TOMORROW

Just my .2

Going from the perfect family setting at Christmas - after 24 years - raising a herd in the process and then going to ALONE with them - still having Holidays.

SUCKS!

But I dive in with those friends and family members - who don't dwell on anything but - NOW

God Bless you and your Wife - this is how it should be. From beginning to end - dedication.

Chivalry and Moral Compass is alive and well with many couples and families - the begin to end - marriage - my Ex and I come from parents who met - raised and died married together.

Apparently MY B didn't get THAT MEMO?

Sorry for your luck, I had about the same out of my first one. Sixteen years with the devil’s sister but I wasn’t done. If I die today I’m satisfied that I’m the luckiest sob in the world to have found the one woman who puts up with my chit and takes care of me, and I return it. Thirty-nine years and going for one more, always one more.

Comment

Rob, you are a good man and would be a great catch for someone. Heck, if Dee dies before me, ima gonna look you up and try to cohabitate ...endless fishing with the MAN!!!v

Comment

After 15 of my 20 - she bailed with retirement as well.

She rolls with a substantial Monthly 1099-R US Military retired pension - with her new beau.

Sometimes - the perfect scene - isn't so perfect.

I did what we should do and then some - I had too much trust so - I'm not the same person now.

Love - Respect and Pray - nothing is guaranteed

The children will feel the GOOD and see thru it all - as their lives move forward.

USA USA USA - So some think - it blew up sideways.

The Perfect Military Career Family - from beginning to short end. All are better off than I am - I did my job - but the days of warmth and reciprocal from a partner - gone in 2006

Never looked back
                  Attached Files
                  Last edited by AtTheWall; 09-18-2021, 02:57 PM.

Comment

22 years today. I must have picked a good one because she was handing me shrimp and hooking trout this morning!

Comment

Awesome thread, life is a journey & relationships are a mission, you get out of them what you put into them.
                      We will celebrate 33 years on the 24th.
                      My fishin buddy.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                        Rob, you are a good man and would be a great catch for someone. Heck, if Dee dies before me, ima gonna look you up and try to cohabitate ...endless fishing with the MAN!!!v
                        Randy - lean on me as we wind down through these years. There's a few of us from THE BOAT - we will help no matter what. You know which one of us are there with you on this......Some of us retired from State or Militahry (PROFESSIONAL CAREERS) so the class of characters, in your FAN CLUB - ARE WELL VESTED to COVER!i

After a few Canoe Club endeavors - offshore - bonds for life are created.

AMEN!!!!

Praying for all families here - it's so important now than ever - to keep our tribe in tack - at all levels.

Some of us don't have those dreams but - we aren't out of dreaming for others!

Comment

Lay it down brother. You didn’t deserve it. I’ve seen men shredded by the court system. They move on and the guy is left working two or three jobs trying to make child support. Forgive. If you don’t it’s like you drinking poison and expecting her to die. Pray that you can trust again, and not just a woman, but God. You served our country faithfully, as well as your family. I for one am grateful for that. Semper Fi brother. I’ll throw my hat in the ring. If ya need a friend I’m here bro.

Comment

Bruce - I am there with you as well Brother!

Family and Military service - some of us know that career - can destroy something - we couldn't control.

Being gone through so many years on deployments - operationally with a clearance when - you return - you can't even talk about it - after coming home 3 - 4 months later with a new baby.

Those families who can serve - and keep it glued together after a full stint - doesn't matter the era and conflict = burns up families.

GOD BLESS AMIGO - WE NEED TO HIT PINS WITH A GROUP SOON!

FIRST RESPONDERS - ALL OF THEM AND MILITARY - HARD ON A MARRIAGE

Comment

My condolences go out to those that have lost a spouse. My bride and I will celebrate 52 years in January.

Comment

7 years in and she blesses me daily!

Comment

Working...
                                X