Thanks. Fire fighters. EMT. Paramedics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks. Fire fighters. EMT. Paramedics

I posted a few days ago thanking LEO. Today. Fire fighters. Emt. Paramedics. I appreciate your unbiased saving graces for us in need at all hours of the day. I encourage (without detail) the green screen to do something for the FD this coming week. Food. Thanks. Hand shake. Money etc. Lets give a little for another amazing group of people willing to give everything.

As a firefighter I thank you graciously for thanking me and my brothers and sisters. Greatest job in the world to help a complete stranger. Best job I ever had. Happy new year and thank you again sir, we couldn’t do it without people like you and yalls support.

Comment

Much appreciated
      Happy new year

Comment

Amen!
        Thanks Guys & Gals!

Comment

Thanks for all y’all do!!!

Comment

Appreciated but keep in mind, we haven't missed a paycheck ! I would say tip your servers well when out eating or drinking or getting a haircut they took a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by friscopaint View Post
              Appreciated but keep in mind, we haven't missed a paycheck ! I would say tip your servers well when out eating or drinking or getting a haircut they took a beating.
              Much Appreciated and I'll second this.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words, we appreciate it.

Comment

Thank so much. It really helps sometimes to hear things like this. God Bless.

Comment

Your message couldn’t be more timely for me and my family, Mr. Lee.

Recently, my father, who lives in Bryan, fell and could not get up. By the time I got there, he was exhibiting some unusual symptoms that appeared to me to be neurological, but non-specific. We called 911, and both Bryan FD and EMS responded. As they were loading him into the ambulance, I specifically instructed them to take my father to Baylor Scott & White (for specific reasons I won’t bore you with). And while, in most cases, i am very intolerant of my “very specific instructions” being ignored, these professionals determined my dad was suffering from a stroke and took him to a different hospital—one with a Joint Commission certified stroke unit.

The fire department personnel, who had no other duties once my dad was loaded into the ambulance, drove back to the house, informed us that EMS made the call to take him to the stroke unit, and offered to lead us there (knowing that I was from out of town).

It appears to me that, on a regular basis, these first responders go above and beyond the parameters of their job descriptions to offer care and comfort to others in their moments of crisis. It takes a special kind of person to do this. They are truly “angels who walk among us.”

Comment

I agree totally. Back in 2011 when there were fires everywhere I woke up to the fact that Volunteer Fire Departments were very important to us rural folks. I made a nice donation to the one closest to us and felt it was worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by ThisLadyHunts View Post
                        Your message couldn’t be more timely for me and my family, Mr. Lee.

Recently, my father, who lives in Bryan, fell and could not get up. By the time I got there, he was exhibiting some unusual symptoms that appeared to me to be neurological, but non-specific. We called 911, and both Bryan FD and EMS responded. As they were loading him into the ambulance, I specifically instructed them to take my father to Baylor Scott & White (for specific reasons I won’t bore you with). And while, in most cases, i am very intolerant of my “very specific instructions” being ignored, these professionals determined my dad was suffering from a stroke and took him to a different hospital—one with a Joint Commission certified stroke unit.

The fire department personnel, who had no other duties once my dad was loaded into the ambulance, drove back to the house, informed us that EMS made the call to take him to the stroke unit, and offered to lead us there (knowing that I was from out of town).

It appears to me that, on a regular basis, these first responders go above and beyond the parameters of their job descriptions to offer care and comfort to others in their moments of crisis. It takes a special kind of person to do this. They are truly “angels who walk among us.”

Prayers. I hope he is recovering and doing better. Long road ahead after a stroke event.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Lee View Post
                          Prayers. I hope he is recovering and doing better. Long road ahead after a stroke event.

Thank you for your kind words.

Miraculously, he’s doing amazingly well considering the severity of the stroke, but it’s been an unexpectedly strenuous journey for my sisters and me. With the medical community in crisis over the shortage of nurses and medical techs, one of us had to be with him around-the-clock for a month as, in his state of mind, he could not advocate for himself.

In addition to caring for a “paranoid delusional insomniac who thought he had to urinate every 7 to 9 minutes,” I had concerns about the protocols for the treatment of stroke victims at the rehab facility to which he was admitted (lack of cutting-edge medical in a small town), I’ve spent most of the last eight weeks educating myself about stroke protocols, Medicare, TriCare, and the VA. I’ve evolved into a woman possessed…a woman on a mission…one with just enough knowledge to be dangerous and just enough sleep deprivation to be bat-s**t crazy. Like giving a loaded gun to a two-year-old, somebody’s bound to get dead once this is all over with.

The whole experience has been very overwhelming and completely consuming. Nevertheless, I drove back to town this evening just so I can drag my a** out of bed in the morning at “zero-dark-thirty” to go sit at a tank and not shoot at anything (fewer and fewer birds each year, for whatever reason)…all because, as my husband says, “It’s just not the same without you…”

But that’s me. I’m just that kinda girl.

I’m done now. Thanks for listening.

Comment

Thanks for all of the first responders and all they sacrifice to take care of the public.

Comment

Thanks to all who serve - my son has been an LEO for 15 years so it is close to home -

Comment

Working...
                              X