Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 08-30-2021, 07:33 AM   #351
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper Tx, Cuero TX

Whatís the word yíall? Do we need to head east?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bowfishin fool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:05 AM   #352
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

Yes, morning updates?
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:17 AM   #353
Mossback
Ten Point

Hunt In: Comal county

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowfishin fool View Post
Whatís the word yíall? Do we need to head east?!

Its gonna be days before We can get to our buddies in golden meadow area. Prb days before they can even get back in.
Mossback is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:33 AM   #354
RJK70
Pope & Young

Hunt In: East Texas and Western States

I went fishing with Griffin Fishing Charters and Lodge in Barataria couple times. Worried they are going to have major damage. Their lodge and setup was super nice too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
RJK70 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:41 AM   #355
bowfishin fool
Ten Point

Hunt In: Harper Tx, Cuero TX

Worth heading up now, or let the smoke clear for a day or two?

Current plan is to go up Thursday morning with diesel and skid steers, chainsaw, water, food, etc.

Havenít heard from any of our friends in the area. Assuming all coms are down at the moment.

bowfishin fool is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:55 AM   #356
Mike
Ten Point

I am hearing some pretty grim reports out of the Houma hospitals and losing back up power for ventilators. Can anyone confirm?
Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:57 AM   #357
TildenHunter
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun Blake View Post
Ormond Estates ? My good friend lives in Hahnville across the River from Destrehan. He went East to Destin. Eye passed over Edgard & Garyville which is probably 10 miles from Destrehan

Prayers sent up brother
Yes, Ormond Estates. They live on Rosedown......still unsure what the status of their house is. They road it out in Metairie at my brother in laws house. They had a generator.
TildenHunter is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 09:18 AM   #358
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike View Post
I am hearing some pretty grim reports out of the Houma hospitals and losing back up power for ventilators. Can anyone confirm?
My cousin is in the hospital in Slidell, they were on backup power last night. Last time I talked to her, about 2130, she was fine. tried getting in touch this AM, but no response.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:17 AM   #359
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemylegacy View Post
My cousin is in the hospital in Slidell, they were on backup power last night. Last time I talked to her, about 2130, she was fine. tried getting in touch this AM, but no response.
After Laura communications was tough for a while. Sprint didn't work at all and AT&T was spotty.
Duckologist is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:25 AM   #360
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

3 they are watching..
Attached Images

Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:31 AM   #361
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Hunt In: public & pvt land

checking in to say I'm safe and report what 411 I know ....

NOLA areas : Over 1,000,000 homes are currently without power in the following Parishes: Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Tammany, Washington, Lafourche, Terrebonne, St. Charles, Tangipahoa, Livingston, and St. Helena. Basically in the areas that are East of the Atchafalaya River Basin & Mississippi River. Entergy, Cleco, and other electrical providers are assessing the damages on foot, boat, and by drone before dispersing utility trucks to restore power. Flood waters have to recede and fallen trees have to be removed before they can begin the repair work. There was a rumor circulating last night that one of the large power line towers that feeds electricity fell into the river ???? No clue if this is true or not, just hearsay until I can verify the facts.

Driving to work this morning I saw dozens of tree cutting trucks (Asplundh, Boudreaux's Tree Service, etc... ) and a convoy of electrical utility trucks from many States heading South to areas in need. Lafayette has power as SW LA (LAF & LC) was spared.

LaPlace got 14"-15" of rain in < 12 hours. That area is low-lying and very swampy. LaPlace is located between the Mississippi River and SW side of Lake Pontchartrain which is only 4-5 miles wide. It holds water from the already saturated ground which is why some houses had over 10 feet of water in them. Lots of families stayed and when the waters began to rise, they got scared and retreated to their attics. The Cajun Navy began rescue efforts at 8:30 pm. Due to the 80+ mph winds, their boats were being capsized and efforts were halted for several hours due to safety. At approx. 1:00am they resumed rescuing people once the winds had slowed down to 40-50 mph. Sadly gonna see lots of orange painted X's on houses from the search and rescue efforts.

I've heard no word on casualties in LaPlace since next of kin will have to be notified and lots of people are still without cell phone service and/or evacuated. 1 person died in Ascension Parish when a tree fell through his roof and claimed his life.

Houma areas : Lots of trees down along the Hwy 90 stretch and some roads / highways are impassable in Houma, Morgan City, Thibodeaux, and surrounding communities. Since there are hundreds of oil & gas service companies, wireline, and machine shops in that area, several TBH'ers likely have family & business contacts who can provide updated information.

Fishing areas including lower Terrebonne Parish : No telling what it's like in Grand Isle, Cocodrie, Dulac, Dularge, Lockport, Venice, Golden Meadow areas. They were directly in the Hurricanes path with sustained winds from 125-155mph for 12+ hours. Video footage and reports should be released by the Sheriff offices and news media throughout the day. Praying for the best, yet expecting the worst. Many of those places will be unrecognizable since once familiar camps, marinas, convenience stores, and street signs will all be gone

Northshore, Covington, Mandeville areas : My parents live in Franklinton which is in rural Washington Parish (around Bogalusa). They currently have no power, trees are down everywhere, and it looks like a war zone according to my mom. During Katrina, they were w/out power for 35 days. My brother lives nearby and will be delivering them a generator and gas this afternoon. My Uncle lives in Diamondhead, MS and he has electricity on the MS gulf coast. My friend who lives in Madisonville is w/out power yet he has a generator powering his house.

Baton Rouge areas : Black Ice will know more than I do since that's where he lives.

Thanks for the prayers and support. This isn't their first rodeo, as the Cajuns and coon-arses are resilient people who will cook a gumbo & jambalaya and start the rebuilding process.

Edit: this map below shows the 911 emergency SOS text messages that were posted on Twitter between 8pm to 11pm yesterday. No telling how many actual cell phone calls were made to 911 dispatchers. That map was then updated and sent to the Cajun Navy and 1st responders.

Last edited by Cajun Blake; 08-30-2021 at 10:44 AM.
Cajun Blake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:36 AM   #362
WItoTX
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Wisconsin, New Mexico, Colorado, Montana, Idaho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
3 they are watching..
The weather experts can chime in more, but my understanding is the yellow area around the Yucatan has potential, but very low odds, and the rest are not expected to threaten Texas.

I am hoping this holds true. I've had enough hurricanes since Harvey.

My prayers go out to you folks in LA. We don't want to see another double hit like Katrina/Rita.
WItoTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:38 AM   #363
unclefish
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Central TX, Elk in NM

Quote:

There was a rumor circulating last night that one of the large power line towers that feeds electricity fell into the river ???? No clue if this is true or not, just hearsay until I can verify the facts.
This is true. From an AP story:

The hurricane twisted and collapsed a giant transmission tower in Jefferson Parish along the Mississippi River, and the wires fell into the river, causing widespread outages and halting river traffic, parish Emergency Management Director Joe Valiente said.

The tower, which survived Katrina, is one of eight ways power is brought into New Orleans, and the failure of one of them might have led the others to shut down as well, Rodriguez said.

Other areas were also in the dark.

ďOne-hundred percent of the grid is smashed, hundreds of telephone poles snapped, trees hit power lines and just ripped them out,Ē Valiente told NPR. He said that the entire power grids collapsed in about 10 parishes and that it could take six weeks to fully restore power.
unclefish is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:41 AM   #364
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Hunt In: TX, Neb, Illinois, MEXICO

Quote:

NOLA areas : Over 1,000,000 homes are currently without power in the following Parishes: Orleans, Jefferson, Plaquemines, St. Tammany, Washington, Lafourche, Terrebonne, St. Charles, Tangipahoa, Livingston, and St. Helena. Basically in the areas that are East of the Atchafalaya River Basin & Mississippi River. Entergy, Cleco, and other electrical providers are assessing the damages on foot, boat, and by drone before dispersing utility trucks to restore power. Flood waters have to recede and fallen trees have to be removed before they can begin the repair work. There was a rumor circulating last night that one of the large power line towers that feeds electricity fell into the river ???? No clue if this is true or not, just hearsay until I can verify the facts.

Driving to work this morning I saw dozens of tree cutting trucks (Asplundh, Boudreaux's Tree Service, etc... ) and a convoy of electrical utility trucks from many States heading South to areas in need. Lafayette has power as SW LA (LAF & LC) was spared.

LaPlace got 14"-15" of rain in < 12 hours. That area is low-lying and very swampy. LaPlace is located between the Mississippi River and SW side of Lake Pontchartrain which is only 4-5 miles wide. It holds water from the already saturated ground which is why some houses had over 10 feet of water in them. Lots of families stayed and when the waters began to rise, they got scared and retreated to their attics. The Cajun Navy began rescue efforts at 8:30 pm. Due to the 80+ mph winds, their boats were being capsized and efforts were halted for several hours due to safety. At approx. 1:00am they resumed rescuing people once the winds had slowed down to 40-50 mph. Sadly gonna see lots of orange painted X's on houses from the search and rescue efforts.

I've heard no word on casualties in LaPlace since next of kin will have to be notified and lots of people are still without cell phone service and/or evacuated. 1 person died in Ascension Parish when a tree fell through his roof and claimed his life.

Houma areas : Lots of trees down along the Hwy 90 stretch and some roads / highways are impassable in Houma, Morgan City, Thibodeaux, and surrounding communities. Since there are hundreds of oil & gas service companies, wireline, and machine shops in that area, several TBH'ers likely have family & business contacts who can provide updated information.

Fishing areas including lower Terrebonne Parish : No telling what it's like in Grand Isle, Cocodrie, Dulac, Dularge, Lockport, Venice, Golden Meadow areas. They were directly in the Hurricanes path with sustained winds from 125-155mph for 12+ hours. Video footage and reports should be released by the Sheriff offices and news media throughout the day. Praying for the best, yet expecting the worst. Many of those places will be unrecognizable since once familiar camps, marinas, convenience stores, and street signs will all be gone

Northshore, Covington, Mandeville areas : My parents live in Franklinton which is in rural Washington Parish (around Bogalusa). They currently have no power, trees are down everywhere, and it looks like a war zone according to my mom. During Katrina, they were w/out power for 35 days. My brother lives nearby and will be delivering them a generator and gas this afternoon. My Uncle lives in Diamondhead, MS and he has electricity on the MS gulf coast. My friend who lives in Madisonville is w/out power yet he has a generator powering his house.

Baton Rouge areas : Black Ice will know more than I do since that's where he lives.

Thanks for the prayers and support. This isn't their first rodeo, as the Cajuns and coon-arses are resilient people who will cook a gumbo & jambalaya and start the rebuilding process.

Wow had no clue we had so many close people! My closest friends live in Covington and went to school in Franklinton, my ex wife is from bogalusa lol

drop dead fred is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:43 AM   #365
Benno
Six Point

Quote:

God bless the Cajun Navy, that is one of the most impressive response teams Iíve seen. Should probably let them run FEMA and the Red Cross.
Benno is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:51 AM   #366
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benno View Post
God bless the Cajun Navy, that is one of the most impressive response teams Iíve seen. Should probably let them run FEMA and the Red Cross.

Difference in private an government run

Lord put a hedge of protection around all SAR providers

Old 08-30-2021, 11:01 AM   #367
Tejas Wildlife
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where ever I happen to be!
Default Amen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by drop dead fred View Post
difference in private an government run

lord put a hedge of protection around all sar providers

sent from my iphone using tapatalk
👍
Tejas Wildlife is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 11:14 AM   #368
Johnny
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Montgomery & Houston Counties

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post
The weather experts can chime in more, but my understanding is the yellow area around the Yucatan has potential, but very low odds, and the rest are not expected to threaten Texas.

My prayers go out to you folks in LA. We don't want to see another double hit like Katrina/Rita.
I looked over all model runs this morning and none of them are impressed with the area shaded in yellow. Definitely need to keep an eye on it of course.

Thanks for the update Blake!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 11:17 AM   #369
Texas Grown
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Kick CoViD's tail!

Thanks for the updates Blake, and everbody.

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!
Texas Grown is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 11:25 AM   #370
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by WItoTX View Post

The Laura/Delta double hit was worse. Those two hit the same spot a few weeks apart. So far the models are thinking low confidence near yuctatan and fish storms for the others including the one coming off Africa. Let's help that hold true.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:46 AM   #371
El General
Ten Point

Hunt In: Coke County

I just want to make sure, but is this the correct organization to make donations to?

https://www.thecajunnavy.org/
El General is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 11:59 AM   #372
SneakyPhil
Ten Point

Hunt In: LANWR

Thanks for the update Blake.
SneakyPhil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 12:05 PM   #373
Johnny Dangerr
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Killing Stuff These Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post
I just want to make sure, but is this the correct organization to make donations to?

That is who I just sent money to.....................
Johnny Dangerr is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 12:06 PM   #374
150class
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Uvalde, Boerne

Just saw the Grand Isle launch or something recorded a 168mph gust of wind yesterday before it broke.... Still crazy to think mother nature can produce something so violent
150class is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 12:09 PM   #375
drop dead fred
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by 150class View Post
Just saw the Grand Isle launch or something recorded a 168mph gust of wind yesterday before it broke.... Still crazy to think mother nature can produce something so violent

I read a recorded 172mph somewhereÖmy goodness

Old 08-30-2021, 12:28 PM   #376
Swamprat
Four Point

Thanks Blake.... much appreciated... We're not getting much info from relatives... We're know they made it okay, but since the cell service went out late last night no full reports on damage....

Houma TV was streaming a bit ago... said lots of roads in Terrebonne are impassable due to trees, etc...
Swamprat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 12:32 PM   #377
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by El General View Post

I honestly have no clue brother. Sadly once a business becomes successful and nationally recognized by the media, others try to take advantage of the situation with similar named businesses. There are probably a dozen or more companies who use the words "Red Cross", "Wounded Warrior", or "American Heart Association" trying to obtain some of the financial donations.

That being said, I'd do some research on the "Cajun Navy". I believe there are 3 different companies who use a variation of that name and claim to save lives using a fleet of boats and volunteers. I believe one of those organizations had a founder, who was arrested for fraud or tax evasion. Natural disasters bring out the best in people, and sadly sometimes bring out the worst in people Perhaps another TBH'er or Louisiana resident can provide their recommendation on this subject.

Change of topic Regarding Hurricanes Laura and Delta which happened 1-year ago, there are MANY people in Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes who have not been able to rebuild their homes and businesses due to BS red tape, greed by attorneys and insurance companies, and theft of building materials. It truly is unbelievable what has happened (or not happened) to the residents in Lake Charles and surrounding areas. If you happen to drive down the major streets in LC, Moss Bluff, Vinton, and Sulphur, lots of businesses have not re-opened because their buildings look the same today as they did 365 days ago.

Sorry for bitcching on my soap box as these hard working people have been totally forgotten about. I drive to LC every 3-4 weeks for business and it's depressing

Old 08-30-2021, 12:49 PM   #378
S-3 Ranch
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sisterdale and el dorado , Jeff Davis, refugio/sinton , San perlita

Quote:
I honestly have no clue brother. Sadly once a business becomes successful and nationally recognized by the media, others try to take advantage of the situation with similar named businesses. There are probably a dozen or more companies who use the words "Red Cross", "Wounded Warrior", or "American Heart Association" trying to obtain some of the financial donations.

That being said, I'd do some research on the "Cajun Navy". I believe there are 3 different companies who use a variation of that name and claim to save lives using a fleet of boats and volunteers. I believe one of those organizations had a founder, who was arrested for fraud or tax evasion. Natural disasters bring out the best in people, and sadly sometimes bring out the worst in people Perhaps another TBH'er or Louisiana resident can provide their recommendation on this subject.

Change of topic Regarding Hurricanes Laura and Delta which happened 1-year ago, there are MANY people in Cameron and Calcasieu Parishes who have not been able to rebuild their homes and businesses due to BS red tape, greed by attorneys and insurance companies, and theft of building materials. It truly is unbelievable what has happened (or not happened) to the residents in Lake Charles and surrounding areas. If you happen to drive down the major streets in LC, Moss Bluff, Vinton, and Sulphur, lots of businesses have not re-opened because their buildings look the same today as they did 365 days ago.

Sorry for bitcching on my soap box as these hard working people have been totally forgotten about. I drive to LC every 3-4 weeks for business and it's depressing

Yeah, my friend in LC is still waiting for final insurance check
And some one stolen his building materials for his dock and boat house, crazy itís been a year
S-3 Ranch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #379
Rubi513
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Walker County

Anyone check on Black Ice?
Hopefully he wasn’t in his hammock...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 12:59 PM   #380
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:

Yup, our POS governor was on TV yesterday before the storm made landfall and said, "This will be the worst storm since Katrina" I was like, you sorry POS, Katrina was a Cat 3, it's like Laura and then Delta never happened over here. All we got out of that Ahole last year after Laura was this statement, "Looks like we dodged a bullet" Eff that POS
Old 08-30-2021, 01:05 PM   #381
Cajun Blake
Associate Sponsor

not good at all

power lines in the river have also halted vessel traffic up/down the Ms River

Old 08-30-2021, 01:11 PM   #382
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
not good at all

power lines in the river have also halted vessel traffic up/down the Ms River

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m-s0Uy29IG8
We had many of those come down near my house. As I sat on my back porch every evening waiting for the mosquitos to come out I watched the sky crane helicopters lifting the twisted metal out and flying the new stuff in. When the mosquitos would come is when we would crank the generator and go inside to take a cold shower and go into the one bed room with the window unit.
Old 08-30-2021, 01:32 PM   #383
Anvilheadtexas
Ten Point

Hunt In: Polk County

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
Thanks Blake.... much appreciated... We're not getting much info from relatives... We're know they made it okay, but since the cell service went out late last night no full reports on damage....

Houma TV was streaming a bit ago... said lots of roads in Terrebonne are impassable due to trees, etc...
Same here from sister and dad in Slidell. It didnít sound like they had too much bad wind but it sounded like they did have a lot of rain last I heard from them was early evening yesterday and she said they had just lost power. Radio silence since then.
Anvilheadtexas is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #384
Swamprat
Four Point

Now hearing that natural gas lines are being shut-down in Terrebonne. For those with at-home generators, not cool.

But, I do understand the risk...Along the river, my BIL left his safe house for a few minutes last night and found a 3-4 foot dia oak in his own house and in the process the gas line was busted and was audibly leaking... He left quickly...
Swamprat is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 02:11 PM   #385
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
Now hearing that natural gas lines are being shut-down in Terrebonne. For those with at-home generators, not cool.

But, I do understand the risk...Along the river, my BIL left his safe house for a few minutes last night and found a 3-4 foot dia oak in his own house and in the process the gas line was busted and was audibly leaking... He left quickly...
Yeah that was one of the things I didn't consider. The uprooted trees pull up all the buried utilities. Gas and water lines in shambles. I think it took about 6 days for us to have water again.
Old 08-30-2021, 08:03 PM   #386
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

We good here. Lots of trees down all over the place and no power, no internet and just got back cell service.

Spent part of the day cutting trees for neighbors and once we got them squared away I cleaned up the little bit I had at my house.

Couple of fences leaning bad but not all the way down. Had some shingle damaged that I will need to get looked at but other than that we came out alright.

Best thing I ever did was get this generator installed.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 08:06 PM   #387
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Ice View Post
We good here. Lots of trees down all over the place and no power, no internet and just got back cell service.

Spent part of the day cutting trees for neighbors and once we got them squared away I cleaned up the little bit I had at my house.

Couple of fences leaning bad but not all the way down. Had some shingle damaged that I will need to get looked at but other than that we came out alright.

Good to hear

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2021, 09:10 PM   #388
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:

Sounds great over all! You on propane or is your NG still on? I read somewhere they cut off NG due to leaks from uprooted trees.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 09:12 PM   #389
Black Ice
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jefferson & Brooks County

Quote:
Originally Posted by bboswell View Post
Sounds great over all! You on propane or is your NG still on? I read somewhere they cut off NG due to leaks from uprooted trees.

Iím on natural gas.

Iíve got a back up generator and AC if they do shut it off but would have to Siphon gas out of my car because I didnít get any gas.

Black Ice is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 09:18 PM   #390
Dejashoot
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Fredericksburg, Kerrville, Brackettville and Brazoria

Quote:
Iím on natural gas.

Iíve got a back up generator and AC if they do shut it off but would have to Siphon gas out of my car because I didnít get any gas.

Glad you made it through with relatively little damage.
Dejashoot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 09:24 PM   #391
bboswell
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Where ever I can

Quote:
Iím on natural gas.

Sounds good. If gas gets you in a bind holler.
bboswell is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 09:32 PM   #392
MarkV
Pope & Young

Got this picture today from some family in Baton Rouge checking in my Uncle Marcus who is 91 years old. He had to make sure to get his trash can back up by the house. Still no power but they are doing good. But I absolutely love this picture.

Name:  14BE68C1-4517-4A52-A49F-FCA20754A134.jpeg
Views: 513
Size:  104.6 KB
MarkV is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 09:39 PM   #393
MAP
Ten Point

Hunt In: Live Oak, Jim Wells, Dimmit Counties

^ thats a great picture and that attitude is why he is 91 and still living at home getting things done
MAP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:19 PM   #394
DUKFVR
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County & Anywhere A Duck Flies!

Quote:

Your big screen Tv's make it? Hope so!
DUKFVR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-30-2021, 10:41 PM   #395
3ChordTruth
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
Got this picture today from some family in Baton Rouge checking in my Uncle Marcus who is 91 years old. He had to make sure to get his trash can back up by the house. Still no power but they are doing good. But I absolutely love this picture.

Attachment 1061069
After he gathered up all Ida threw at him, with one hand Uncle Marcus hauled her down to the curb. This is just how they roll in Baton Rouge!

What a great pic!
3ChordTruth is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2021, 01:25 AM   #396
Muddy Bud
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Jim Hogg

Blake do you know if Houma had any flooding. Lots of us have vehicles there.
Muddy Bud is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2021, 04:57 AM   #397
Duckologist
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddy Bud View Post
Blake do you know if Houma had any flooding. Lots of us have vehicles there.
Houma appears to be mostly wind damage and not so much flooding

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Old 08-31-2021, 06:39 AM   #398
captainsling
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Dilley, Texas

Anybody hear about Venice?
captainsling is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2021, 06:40 AM   #399
Sparkles
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Young County

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainsling View Post
Anybody hear about Venice?

Saw lots of videos.
Faired better than I expected.
Owners of the marina are going down today

Sparkles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 08-31-2021, 06:48 AM   #400
Tmag
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Depends on the TPWD draw results!

News reported victim number 3 this morning. Alligator got him in the flood water. Sad deal.
Tmag is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top