Anyone around Matagorda have any extra shark bait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone around Matagorda have any extra shark bait

I’m looking for a couple jacks and a couple cow nose. I heading that way the last week in July if you have any extra I’m desperate

If I get out on the water and catch some jacks I’ll save what I can fit in my freezer.

Comment

Can usually catch some small sting ray at the jetty to use for shark bait if you can’t find any jack

Comment

Thanks a ton. I will buy beer for shark baits

Comment

I’m headed offshore this weekend, it seems like we usually end up with a jack or two. I’ll save anything I can for you. If all else fails, a big ol’ piece of mullet is a pretty good shark bait. What kind of sharks do you catch off the beach? I figured it would be an occasional bull and black tips?

Comment

All the sharks are filming their show this week so you may not catch any.

Comment

They catch all kind of sharks off the shore. Thanks for all the replies

Comment

Maybe reach out to leemo. He may have a connection

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

have you checked with Buddys there in town? they may be able to set you up with something.

Comment

Went gigging the other night and saw a bunch of rays.

If I make it out again before you make it down, I’ll stick a few. We’d just have to figure out a meeting place.

Comment

Looking for tips on a spot to shore fish in the Palacios to matagorda beach stretch. Lot of fresh water from recent rains and don’t know where would be best. If I catch any rays I’ll PM you.

Comment

If you can’t find a Jack or ray you can still shark fish. Lots of good bait in the surf you can use. Skipjacks and whiting, etc. I just prefer to use whiting that are a foot or more if I’m using them whole to try to keep the big gafftops from sucking them down. You can use different cut baits to keep your kids entertained on the pups as well. Jacks and rays are good, but it’s not the only thing they’ll eat. Rawlings usually has some frozen if it gets down to it. I’d rather use a great big fresh whiting with its tail cut off than a frozen ray but that’s just me. Really really long drops are not required to catch decent sharks in Matagorda. I may be down there at that time. We could run a few lines if you want if I happen to go down then.

Comment

I’m hoping to just bomb a couple big baits and hope for the best. I’m going to take the jet ski and the avets.

Comment

Swing by the cleaning table at the harbor in the early afternoon. You can get all the fish carcasses you want for free. Lots of boats have been fishing offshore the last couple of days, I would think there would be some stuff in the gut buckets that would work.

Comment

And marinating^^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X